The TV wall Project

Work has begun.

I sized the panels so that they will have a 2" border/gap between themselves and the side walls in the nook. I frog taped before cutting before I cut so that I will have a perfectly placed tape line for painting the edges of the walnut panels.

Panels flipped front side down and the French cleats attached along with he wall side cleats set on top and fixed in place with vertical retaining strips, 4 of them.

The wall side cleat assembly removed. Four additional vertical cleat retainers will be added to the opposite side and then the original vertical cleat retainers will be remove. The original vertical cleat retainers. if not removed, would be between the wall and the cleats. The wall cleat assembly will be attached to the wall, the last 4 vertical cleat retainers removed and finally the walnut horizontal panels will be hung on the wall mounted cleats.

The walnut panels with attach cleates that will mate with the wall cleats.

And lastly, again, where all this is headed. ;~)

Leon

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 14:52:03 -0500, Leon

I haven't yet tried out Frog Tape. Have you used it for painting? I've seen several comments about the adhesive being too strong and pulling existing paint off when the tape is removed.

Reply to
none

I have used Frog tape before. I used it however with with a non water based gel stain and IIRC it did well. It did not however work well when working with a Dye stain. IIRC it is supposed to work best with water based products.

Instructions suggest waiting at least 3 days before taping over a freshly painted surface and state that it has a medium adhesion.

I have never used it over a painted surface, I originally bought it thinking that it would work better than competitive products not realizing that it works best only with keeping water based from migrating.

Reply to
Leon

Ok, the Frog tape did the job and kept the black latex paint from leaking onto the outer walnut surface.

First coal of Old Masters gel varnish.

Leon

Ok and now a test fit after transferring the cleats to the wall. The wall will be painted flat black.

Leon