Easy Check for Blade at 90 degrees. Table Saw, Miter Saw, Bandsaw

There are many ways of checking that blade is 90 degrees to table. Here is my favorite method. It requires no measuring tools, just a scrap of wood. Cut the piece of wood in half, then flip one half over and butt the cut ends together while pushing the two halves against a straight edge such as the fence. If the blade is not at 90 degrees to table, the cut ends will not butt together evenly. Demonstrated in video.

StevenWoodward

StevenWoodward snipped-for-privacy@example.com wrote in news:176e5c376834f2c2$763$943547$ snipped-for-privacy@news.newsgroupdirect.com:

*snip: Video spam link*

Did you know that you can square your boards by cutting each one into the same number of pieces as boards you have? So if you have 4 boards, cut into four pieces each you'll have 16 boards.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Well now that you shared what you have learned, that is how I do it also, you should set your equipment up to eliminate this error. Otherwise it’s is pointless to check for square.

Reply to
Leon