miter slots close enough?

I've been having a problem with my new unisaw cutting correctly. Finally today I was checking things and adjusting things (again) and by using the TS aligner JR. it looks like the miter slots are out of parallel by .005". I can't find the tolerances for the saw so I'm asking here. Should I just line the blade to one miter slot and use that and forget about it? If not then the only other option I see is for Delta to send me a new table top and I really don't want to do that. Sometimes I get crazy with trying to get perfect precision so help me out here.

Thanks, Ron

Reply to
Ron

.005 between the two miter slots is fine. That's really an acceptable tolerance from one slot to the blade, though a lot of us do get anal enough to go for .001. Think about it though, .005 across the span of those two slots - that's bupkis. You're right - you are getting crazy with the precision you're asking for. If you plan to contact Delta for a new top, I'd think you should be prepared for a pretty hearty laugh coming from the other end of the phone. My advice - quite aligning things and just enjoy using them.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

don't you usually use the left slot?

David