Shop made Oak Floor Laminate

Christ is in our midst!

God a question.. A couple years back someone posted some pictures about a floor covering he made using 1/4" Oak Ply Board.. Anyone have the pictures or the WebSite for it?

God Bless, Mike

Reply to
Mike Zuchick

I remember the post...

Cut the plywood into appropriately sized strips (6 or 8 inches IIRC). The cuts were accross the short side, yielding 4 ft strips.

Then the floor was laid (with adhesive?)

Brad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

Christ is in our midst.

Yes Brad, they were.. I can remember they had a couple photos of the flooring, but no follow up on it.. I was wondering if anyone remembered or recorded the Website that had the pictures.. I am looking for an inexpensive way to cover my floors and would like to show it to my Bride of 31 years.. I have a choice between Southern Yellow Pine that I can get 1000 bf for around $350.00 planed and kiln dried and the Plyboard.. Leaning towards the Yellow Pine Plank Flooring.

God Bless, Mike

Reply to
Mike Zuchick

Hi Mike,

I don't think that I waould use plywood for a "good" floor. I'd be too worried about patching veneer.

I'd pick the SYP.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Christ is in our Midst!

Yes Loutent, I am thinking about the SYP, but wanted to know what the Laminated Shopmade floor looked like.

God Bless, Michael

Mike Zuchick