Is Lowe's Advertising For Home Depot?

I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid, they think Home Depot.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

No Lowes sell Rigid, and Craftsman.

Reply to
Markem

I'm pretty sure Lowes doesn't sell Ridgid tools.

If you might be able to find Ridgid plumbing tools at some Lowes somewhere, they certainly won't be selling any battery driver type tools, which is the context of his post.

Reply to
-MIKE-

First off, it's Ridgid, with a "d".

Second, perhaps some more punctuation would help.

Are you saying "No Lowe's sells Ridgid" as in they do not or "No, Lowe's sells Ridgid" as in they do?

If it's the latter, could your provide a link to a Ridgid item, other than a wet-dry vac filter, that is available from Lowe's? That's all I can find at lowes.com

At the Ridgid "where to buy" website, I can find tons of listings for Home Depot, but not a single Lowe's, at least not with 200 miles of where I live.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Not only that, but I don't I'd use an impact driver on pocket screws.

I know that some people do, but I like to be able to reduce the torque on a regular drill/driver so I don't have to worry about stripping out the hole.

That one looks like my 18V no-variable-speed, no-variable-torque tool. Sure wouldn't be my first choice, but then again, I've never driven

2.5" Kreg screws into 1.5" poplar. I'll let you tomorrow after I screw the seat together. ;-)
Reply to
DerbyDad03

My Lowe's has carried Rigid commercial plumbing tools since I moved here since 99. It is a stock photo, bought for use by Lowe's. When I recently went there for plumbing stuff, Craftsman was the primary tools on display, with everything else on the shelves off the main isle.

Reply to
Markem

Searching the Lowes site for "Ridgid" finds one hit, on a one-size-fits-many shop vacuum filter. On the other hand, deWalt gets

27 pages of hits.
Reply to
J. Clarke

Use low torque, or mabye even try a hand driver. Might be real easy to split the poplar, that is based on driving a pocket screw way to far and screwing it up.

Reply to
Markem

Do you read posts before you respond?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The evidence is clear that he READS them before responding, but obviously DOES NOT UNDERSTAND them.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Ridgid plumbing tools have been around a lot longer than the cordless driver and other battery stuff. ASAIK, HD or whoever, bought the Ridgid brand name from the plumbing tool company and took off with their HD house brand tools.

They are essentially two different companies with the same name, sharing a website. You won't see ANY non-plumbing Ridgid tools in Lowes. or any other brick-n-mortar retailer.

Reply to
-MIKE-

And Ridgid is far from the only company that makes an orange impact driver. B&D dioes as well as several off-brands. The pictured driver looks "close" to a Ridgid R 86034, but there are detail differences.

I'm guessing it's a "stock photo"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Spalted Walt

My guess it is a photo supplied by Kreg to anyone that carries their line.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It could be that Kreg supplies the photo, but I can't find anyone else that uses it, not even Kreg.

The part number is SML-C2X250-30. I didn't look *everywhere*, but I checked about a half dozen vendors and didn't see that image anywhere.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Ridgid or Triton???

Leon

Start right at front end. Totally different chuck on the Triton vs. the Ridgid.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It's Ridgid. Totally their "orange" and rubber.

Reply to
-MIKE-