1st craft show -- pointers/tips??

I'm dipping my toe in the craft fair. There's a small / new one at our churh in April. I'm going to sell bread/cutting boards, pizza peels, trivets, & coasters ... Some may be over priced for this venue but I tougth I'd try it. If things don't sell I'd get rid of them on etsy & craigslist. Anyone have ideas / pointers / tips. Most stuff on the web is geared for clothing/jewerly ... So I thought I'd ask this group.

Reply to
sawdustmaker

Don't worry about being "over priced." You might be surprised at what people will pay. You can have 2 similar items in 2 different booths at shows like that and people will buy the higher priced one because they just assume it must be better because it's priced higher.

You can always lower your price if you're not selling well. But you can't go back and raise your prices if you sold out of everything on the first day. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Have a business card to hand out - some shoppers might want to look you up for at Christmas for gifts ; or for a small custom job.

Good luck. It's something that I once considered - but laziness took over. John T.

Reply to
hubops