Power Craft Tools

My son in law has a faulty Compound Saw made by Power Craft and bought from Aldi. Is it possible to by spares for these anywhere or is a chuck it and buy a new one job.
Sam

Doubt it - Aldi just buy in a batch of them and flog them. No after-sales service!
How long ago did he buy it. If it has failed to last for a 'reasonable' time (ignore the official guarantee period!) he should be able to get his money back under SOGA.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Aldi warranty is usually 3 years. Shout loud enough and get your money back. They do have a repair centre for some items, the handbook will say.
I took my breadmaker back just over a year old and got my money back. They did argue that it had a 12 month warranty but honoured the 3 years in the handbook.
I also got brushes for my SDS drill from their service centre. They didn't last long, but I'd lost my original receipt unfortunately.
--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply
Sam Farrell wrote:

,
There is usually a three year warranty on Aldi power tools and there should be a telephone number on the saw for him to ring (or take it back to the Aldi store he bought it from and get them to sort it [1] - or look on their website - www.aldi.co.uk - for their warranty conditions and the number will be there.
The after sales support number that I have is 0870 732 3023
As a matter of interest, I have had recourse to ring their 'support' number for some consumable spares (router collets etc) and found them to be rather effective on price and supply.
[1] If it's under 6 months old and its manufacturing defect (not wear and tear) don't listen to the usual bull that the staff give about *you* having to ring the manufacturers number, under SoGA, it's their responsibility (I've had one or two discussions with a couple of stores managers over the Sale of Goods Act and Aldi's 'Terms and Conditions' - and won the arguments.
BTW, letters of inquires Aldi's head office on the subject were totally ignored.
If they still refuse to 'play ball', have a chat to your councils trading standards department and I bet they'll be well versed in dealing with the company.
Cash
Cash laid this down on his screen :

I had the same problem and they tried to refer me to the manufacturer, suggesting that after one month Aldi needed to do nothing to help. Basically staff at our local laughed at us for trying to use the SOG act and were quite abusive.

I wrote to their head office pointing out the SOG and sent it recorded delivery. They then contacted the manufacturer, who agreed to refund in full. We are still waiting for an apology for the conduct of Aldi staff.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)