300mm diamond disc

Most advice given here recently has been for dry work and 230mm discs.

My 2 stroke stone saw is about due for a new blade and I wondered if anyone has a recommendation or comments about something suitable for wet cutting?

I have rather a lot of concrete blocks to lay.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

No idea whether it's a good one or a good price, but Screwfix have the DeWalt DT3765 reduced from =A3125 to =A355 in their clearance section.

auctions

discs.

Tim,

18 months ago I bought a bulk lot of 10 on ebay - they are "Blue Spot" "Pro Series" "Professional" stock code 19533 - as is the way with these things I was somewhat sceptical hence buying 10 rather than one, however despite very heavy usage chopping up concrete slabs and blocks I've still only used 3 off them! I think they were supposed for dry use, but I've used them both dry and wet and they've performed very well.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

Hmm.. Disc prices seem to vary between 15 and 150ukp!

Manufacturers claims seem to centre around hardness of material to be cut. I.e. insulating block to seasoned, flint based concrete.

Nobody mentions wet cutting.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Mine came from :

paid £73 for 10 off plus postage

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

Must have been a temporary line. They are only offering concrete grinding discs at the moment.

Plenty of stuff on e-bay.

Lots say dry use so perhaps one could conclude the others are OK in the wet:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Mawson

230mm

wondered

suitable

Mine say dry use, but are absolutely fine in the wet. They don't say only dry use.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

The distinction is the ability to withstand the heat of dry cutting.

The soft/hard materials thing is all about the matrix the diamonds are embedded in - in hard materials, they wear down fast so the metal matrix needs to be softer so it wears away and exposes fresh diamonds. In soft materials, a soft matrix would be a waste of (still) good diamonds.

Reply to
Bolted

In message , Bolted writes

yebbut, they don't tell you about the matrix. Sometimes they mention laser welding. What is the significance of that?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Dunno what that is implying - apart from sounding whizzo - maybe it's just saying that cheap electro-plated crap.

Reply to
Bolted

  • "they are not"

I think that must be what it means. I am getting some worktops cut from stainless plate, and have been nosing around various laser/hi def plasma/water jet cutters lately, and a couple of the laser places have mentioned welding diamond blades. I guess it makes sense, it would have to be CNC, and as my shallow understanding goes the laser allows very narrow but very penetrative welds.

Reply to
Bolted