Craft in America

This TV show was discussed in another thread. Here's a site where you can enter a zip code or select a state for additional viewing dates & times:

's a series of three one-hour shows focusing on a variety of crafts. The woodworking segments are awesome, and feature Maloof and Nakashima. I also enjoyed the blacksmiths, sculptors, and potters. Didn't much care for the quilting, basketweaving, and jewelry making, but that's just me. Definitely worth a look. Enjoy.

Buddy

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Thu, May 31, 2007, 10:02pm snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Buddy=A0Matlosz) doth sayeth: Definitely worth a look. Enjoy.

Definitely. Not so thriled about the blacksmith sculpture tho. Did enjoy watching the quilts, how they were made anyway, not too thrilled with most of the designs. The baskes were neat too, but I'd never want to try quilting or basketing. Blacksmithing now, that's another story. My old man sold a perfectly good farrier forge for $10 when they auctioned off the old homestead. Plus a huge anvil, for maybe a little more. What's bad is, he knew, or should have, that I wanted at least the forge. I had told him so, but "he" claimed he'd never get rid of it. That forge is probably sitting in someone's living room, as a "decoration". Bah. Humbug.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

Buddy Matlosz wrote: | This TV show was discussed in another thread. Here's a site where | you can enter a zip code or select a state for additional viewing | dates & times: | |

missed the first airing, but used the link to discover that it's being rebroadcast in my area on Sunday.

I felt bad that I'd missed it - thanks for posting the link!

Morris Dovey

Thanks Buddy!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

There is also a web site:

of the episodes, "Community"(?), talks about artist's communities and schools. Wish they had talked more about *how* these students are taught. I'm also as interested in the TOOLS artists and craftsmen use as the artists and their products.

Reply to
Smaug Ichorfang

Contact the producers, tell them you'd like to see a show about tool making. That's a whole nother craft in itself.

John E.

Reply to
John E.