Plastic bubble and corrugate surround for basement window wells

I am having trouble locating good dealers to supply the above item (Lowe's seems to carry just one size).

We have several old-fashioned awning-style windows let into our concrete foundation that are relatively close to grade.

I would like to dig out a shallow well around the foundation, surround with a steel corrugate semicircle, fill with gravel, and then cover with a plexiglass or polycarbonate bubble.

Despite multiple tries at google, I haven't found many dealers of such on the Internet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
blueman

bigjim

Try a real building supply house or lumberyard. Sometimes Lowes and Google are not the answer.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

i did just this same project about 2 months ago. Home Depot sells the corrugated surround (Lowe's did not). The covers I could find at either or. The Home Depot that carried it was in RI (if that makes any difference).

Edw> > on the Internet.

Reply to
grodenhiATgmailDOTcom

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:23:15 GMT, blueman wrotF:

Maybe you could build your own out of PT lumber. It could be rectangular or with a little creativity, a more attractive shape. Fill it with white granite pebbles. I've seen some bubbles made for rectangular shaped surrounds.

Reply to
46erjoe