Bandsaw Question

I've had an old 20" Davis Wells bandsaw for about 5-6 yrs, all manual adjus tments.
I've always used a 3/8" blade and I've adjusted the tension accordingly. The blade ran true and my cuts are fine.
Some months ago I bought 1/2" and 3/4" blades. Today I tried the 1/2" bla de on some 2" hickory, adjusting the tension as I would the 3/8" blade. T he 1/2" blade seemed to wobble laterally, a bit.... certainly not the same smooth running as the 3/8" blade. I'm supposing this 1/2" blade needs mo re tension. My cut time for each board is about 2 minutes, max, so I don' t think the extra tension would affect the bandsaw tires. The tires are n ew and the blade runs true/center on the wheels.
Is my assumption of not enough tension, on this 1/2" blade, the probable ca use of the lateral wobble of the blade while in use?
Thanks. Sonny
Never mind. I solved the issue.
Sonny
On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 11:36:25 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:

Please share.
On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 11:16:57 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Increase tension. I hadn't used my 14" delta in a long time, because a gu ide bearing wore out. The 14" tension guide has increments for different blade sizes. Stands to reason the different increasing blade sizes need d ifferent increasing tensions. This old Davis-Wells doesn't have a tension guide marker/labeling.... I have to guess at a proper setting/adjustment.
I have other cuts to make for the ongoing project, so I'll increase my tens ion as per needed, until the wobbling is gone.
I had also detected that, when the blade was "loose", the sawing was making a different sound, while cutting, than what was "normal", as I perceived a normal sound of smooth cutting. That odd sound should go away, as well, when the tension is correct.
Correction of an earlier statement. I have 2 projects going, one with peca n, one with hickory. The 2" stock I'm cutting is pecan, not hickory. No t uncommon to mix up my thinking/speaking, that way.
Sonny