Home Depot gift card/hand tool promo

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I thought I would bring it up again incase any one missed it. HD has a promo on right now, purchase, $25-$49 get a $10 gift card $50-$99 -- $20 card $100-$199 -- $60 card $200+ -- $80 card Multiple submissions are accepted, no lawn and garden, paint, drywall, plumbing and flooring. Good on purchases from 10/9/03 - 10/29/03

I stocked up on some Bessey clamps, hit the $200 mark pretty easy! The best part is when the card comes back I can buy more tools with it! If you watch what you buy it is like a 30% off sale! I may be going back! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Do they give you the gift card on the spot or do you have to mail in a form?

Reply to
AL

Mail in form. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

You mail it in, the forms are in the tool corral with most of the qualifying tools.

_Read_ the small print!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Greg,

That promo is on HAND TOOLS. I should know I put the signs up in our store the other day. Mail-in Promo - forces you to send in a copy of the register receipt. This prevents theft and abusers.

Andy

Reply to
Andy H.

This last sentence makes me think that what looks too good to be true is probably not true. Is the rebate for $100-199 really $60 (up to 60% off) or was this a typo (maybe $30)? Anyone know if this is nationwide? Didn't see it on their web page.

Reply to
alexy

Wonder what the turnaround time is on the forms? If you have to use it by 10/29, could be tight....

Reply to
brad

Does that mean the Bessey clamps don't qualify?

Reply to
Ryan Willobee

Just got back from a research expedition to the Borg. The schedule above needs to be modified by substituting the following two lines for the obvious line above" $100-149 $40 card $150-199 $60 card.

So if you can hit the bottom of any bracket, you get 40% off.

Still don't know about that, but it is in the Atlanta area store I checked.

Reply to
alexy

Hmmm. Seems like the better deal is to separate the $200 purchase into two $100 purchases and get two $60 cards.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

probably "one per houshold"

Reply to
BRuce

No problem. SWMBO @ home. Me @ the neighbors.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Won't work. See the correction to this schedule I posted in this thread.

Reply to
alexy

Nope. From the mice type on the form: "Multiple submissions will be honored if there is one cash register receipt and UPC sent per order form (single ticket purchase required)."

Reply to
alexy

The original poster made a typo. The deal can best be simplified as:

You get a $20 gift card for every $50 you spend on hand tools (with a few exceptions, read the fine print). Any one rebate can't exceed $80 so spending more than $200 at once doesn't get you anything, but you can have multiple rebates per household.

Reply to
someone

Does what mean that? I guess any power Bessey clamps wouldn't qualify. The form does not explicitly mention clamps. But it does say "specialty tools" which would reasonably include clamps, and it does exclude other hand tools, such as garden, paint, and drywall. And in the store I visited, one of the promotional signs was taped to the front of the clamp display.

My opinion (worth what you paid for it) is that they are covered.

Reply to
alexy

I asked the same question to the tool manager, which of course means he probably is wrong! But he said the promo was good for the Besseys too. If I find otherwise, they are getting them back! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Nope, says mulitple submissions are accepted! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Yes, you are right, but you have to draw the line on your time somewhere! I suppose I could have bought $100 worth, walked out to the car, came back in and bought $100 more, but who in the hell can spend only $100 on tools??! I was miffed because the promo stopped at $200! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Do you have the card in front of you? I do. Nowhere does it mention $20 per every $50 spent. But yes I did miss a group, $100-$149 is good for a $40 card, $150-$199 get you a $60 card.

Reading it again it does mention "multiple submissions will be honored if there is one cash register receipt and UPC per order form(single ticket purchase required)." Greg

Reply to
Greg O