Home Depot gift card/hand tool promo

I messed up! The groups are $100-$149 = $40 card $150-$199 = $60 card Greg

Reply to
Greg O

The form says purchases made between 10/903 and 10/29/03. They have extended the date that they will accept submissions, the card says 11/5/03, they extended it to 11/15/03. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

What are Besseys, power tools?? The manager in our store said Besseys are good to go. Also they want the original receipt, not a copy.

I wish I had a scanner! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I was just in our local HD (Spokane) - no signs and the clerk I asked never heard of it. Must not be compulsory for every store.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I think he was trying to simplify, and IMHO, did a pretty good job. In fact, add in the $10 card for $25-49, and he described it exactly.

Reply to
alexy

You realize that it's not really a rebate but an incentive to buy more stuff. Still well worth it, but not the same as a rebate.

Renata

(no stain for email)

Reply to
Renata

The offer applies to tools in Home Depot Department 25. That is why "garden" tools - Dept. 28, "paint" Dept. 24 and "drywall" Dept 22 are excluded.

The Bessey clamps qualify, unless the fine print excludes them. I had a couple buy $800 of hand tools...she broke that up into 4 orders.

Andy

Reply to
Andy H.

Thanks. Now a practical question: How do you send in the UPC when it is painted on the handle of the clamp? Presumably just a note to that effect with the submission?

Reply to
alexy

Alex,

Good question. I have to believe there is a complete program description with the manager of hardware or at the Special Services desk. I haven't seen it yet. All the promotions like that have a complete description printed up fore the store staff.

FYI...I know you need to mail in the register receipt...the UPC is the number printed next to the item on the receipt. 12 digits long.

For those of you near the Newton NJ store. check out the ready-cut plywood 2x4 birch ply is the 13 layer good stuff, not the 5 layer crap. I convince the lumber manager it would sell better than the cheapo stuff. Didn't win the battle on the 4x8 sheets..they are still the 5-7 ply stuff.

And don't holdyou breath on the Rigid Planer $379 being markdown. Rumor has it from a recent area hardware expo that Emerson might still be in the bench tool business.

Andy

Reply to
Andy H.

Greetings All,

I've never posted to this NG before, but I have been lurking for a month or two. Now seems as good a time as any to delurk.

After receiving responses like "I dunno" and "Maybe" from the friendly folks at an HD here in Tampa, I called corporate and asked if clamps were a qualifying hand tool. Once I got routed to the right department, the rep I talked to (I think his name was Locutus) said clamps were indeed a qualifying hand tool. I also sent an email asking the same question. I think I'll wait for a "written" response before I run out and spend a bunch o' money ($200 at a time of course).

Reply to
Ehvee8or

These items are hand tools not power tools. From what the third sales person then manager told me was that no electric or battery powered tools quailify.

bummer cause that would have been a hell of deal on a compound miter box...

Reply to
Gregon2Whls