Just a heads up about Home Depot

Well, it's that time of year. Around this time, Home Depot never disappoin ts me, and I am able to stock up on stuff that I actually need and use all year. I never know what they are going to have, but they are pretty aggres sive about marking their seasonal/promotional inventory down about this tim e of year.

Please... no whining if you can't find what you want at yours. My experien ce is that inventory and items are different from store to store, and in so me cases they don't even have items other stores carry.

So, this year they have a great set of 6 clutch clamps for $19. These are good clamps, good sized and I use these sizes all the time. The are brande d DeWalt, and out of the package they seem like they will get the job done.

They have several types of drill/driver sets from DeWalt, Maikita, and Milw aukee. All of the ones I saw on sale I could walk right around the corner to the tool isle and they were about 35 to 40% higher than the sale price. Not bad, I hate stripped screw heads so I use a lot of these bits, and in the kits you get a set of drills that are really useful in a plastic index to drop in your drill bag. Got three of those, which will last me until ne xt year. They also had the Milwaukee set for impact drivers in the sale as well.

Great prices on saw blades, but the problem is that they were Irwin saw bla des. Some of them are good, some are bad, but since I didn't need any, I d idn't buy. But if a guy was looking to stock up...

They had a pneumatic nailer kit marketed under the HDX brand. According to the store guy, this set was originally $139 when they had them in the stor e. Then for the Christmas promo, they were marked at $99. Then you can se e the same $99 here, but all 4 nailers are marked to $69. $15 buck a naile r... what a steal! I can't buy parts for any of mine that cheap. These lo ok to have the same heavy housing and build as their HF counterparts (built for stamina, NOT for speed - these guns are relatively heavy) so that mean s they might actually give pretty good for a while. I need another 16 ga s traight nailer now as my last one finally died beyond resuscitation, and no w I can buy this set for less than one nailer costs.

323604

There were other odds and ends, too. Some good stuff, some junk. Oh yeah. .. they had a set of two separate headlamps for $10 that works quite well. I bought the same set at $25, and it works great.

Good luck!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Great minds. Did my yearly screw bit stock up at Home Depot just last week.

Bought 4 sets - one for the shop, one for the tool bag I carry everywhere, one to leave in the truck, and one for my old wooden Boise Cascade carry box (the one they used to give away).

Now, when I hear "Ya got a handy square drive (or long #2)?", at least I'll have another one when I need it, at least for another six months or so.

Remdinds, me ... been thinking about a Bostich pinner for onsite, but that HDX, even as a throw-a-way, would be handy for the truck.

Thanks...

Reply to
Swingman

Exactly! And I keep an old index with the bits to lend in it in the truck tool box, and keep the new ones for me. I really like the fact these indexe s come with bit holders, too.

Gotta say, that pinner is an exact version of my HF model. I paid $22 for it, and have shot a pile of pins with it with no failures. I have been sur prised at how well it works and sturdiness of its construction. Had it abo ut 4 years now and it has turned out well for me. Don't know anything abou t the two 18ga nailers, but the 16ga straight is one I had before and like the pinner, heavy weight and sturdy. Great to leave on the job when I am o ff and on, as my Bostitch nailers are a LOT lighter built and won't stand m uch physical abuse. I only take the Bostitch trimmers when I a going to us e the personally. So as filler when a gun goes down or when the guys have the same problem, these work great.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41