Got my Home Depot Gift Card

I got my home depot gift card the other day from the hand tool promotion.

Purchase was made on Oct 29.

Look for a Young America MN return address.

Reply to
brian roth

Oh, oh ... The way I pitch junk mail, hope I haven't already thrown out the baby with the bathwater.

Reply to
Swingman

The rebate capital of the world!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

It sure looked like junk mail, but the baby's safe... arrived this afternoon.

Now, for a couple more Bessey's ... and for all practical purposes, _free_.

Reply to
Swingman

Not really. You'll need to amortize them across the other purchase you made to qualify for the free gift card. If you bought (4) $30 clamps to get the $40 gift card, you really got 5 clamps for $120 rather than 4 clamps for $120. (so each clamp cost $24 rather than $30); basically you got a 20% discount. YMMV. All numbers for illustrative purposes only.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Yes really. I don't need to "amortize" anything. Besides, you can't really mean "amortize" in the accepted definition of the term.

I look at it this way: I was in the market for two pairs of Bessey clamps. I bought them at a retail price that was a fair and reasonable exchange of cash for equivalent goods. The original transaction ended there. Yes, there was an added incentive to make the original purchase, but the original purchase was equally valid, with or without the added incentive.

By choosing to exercise the incentive, I now have the option of picking up two more clamps at NO additional cost. That is for all practical purposes, as I stated in my original message, another term for "free".

One thing is for sure, no matter whether you insist on "averaging the cost" of your purchases (not "amortizing") or not, it still made for a good deal if you're in the market for adding to your Bessey clamp arsenal.

Reply to
Swingman

Or, he paid full price for the original clamps, and the extras are free!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Barry Burke responds:

Or he's not an accountant, and he's happy with an un-amortized, old-fashioned good buy.

Charlie Self

"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." George Carlin

Reply to
Charlie Self

I just checked the website and my rebate finally shows up. The shipping status says it will ship 12/11/03 but won't arrive until 1/10/04!

They must be shipping these things on a frieghter making a cruise around the world! The rebate company is less than 100 miles from me, so I should have it by the 15th if they really ship on the 11th.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

I sent it in on 10/30, they received it on 11/7 with a projected arrival of

12/26. It came today. $60.00 + for 3 Bessey 24s. Not a bad deal

Ken

Reply to
Ken Johnsen

I got mine shortly after the 'ship' date, so keep an eye out for it.