Help from Home Depot employee needed

Looking for help from someone that works at a Home Depot store or corporate HQ. Trying to replace lost/stolen store-credit card, Home Depot employee's and 1-800 number have stonewalled me and claim they are unable to help. $100 REWARD OFFERED!! I have receipts and documentation to verify that the card was issued to me.

Reply to
pdgrafelman

You don't need a Home Depot employee - you need to call the bank that underwrites the card (I think it's Citibank). The #for cust service is

1-800-677-0232 (if that's the # you have already called, then skip to step 2)

Next you should be calling one of the three major credit reporting agencies (Experian, Transunion, Equifax) to report a lost/stolen card to prevent any possible fraud from showing up on your credit.

If you called the 800 # and tried customer service at HD, SOMEONE should be able to help you. If not, then I think you need to contact your state's consumer protection agency (possibly the atty general about this in writing & copy HD corporate offices and Citibank so as to maybe wake them up a little).

Lost cards suck, good luck with this.

Reply to
louie

Why have they stonewalled you? Do they not believe you are who you say you are? Is someone else using the card and paying the bills (identity theft)? Can't offer advice without knowing the real problem?

And why would you pay $100 to a stranger on the internet to replace a credit card? No one but the CC company and the customer can modify the account. HD is just the store you use it at and probably where you signed up but not the owner of the credit. Just cancel the damn account and open a new one. You can cancel an account with a balance but you'll still need to pay it off.

Reply to
PipeDown

I would probably also immediately send them a letter via certified mail. That will make it easier to prove later on that they were notified.

Reply to
CJT

I think the OP has a card with prepaid credit on it. OP is wanting to recover, replace, or maintain the credit balance.

DanG

All I have had is a returned-item-"credit"-card, but they don't ask for ID when I use them.

If he knew the card number, which might be on a prior receip (I don't remember)t, maybe he could get it voided by HD and a new one with the remaining balance issued to him.

It's an interesting question. Although federal law has limited the amount that a person with a credit, or also I think a debit, card can be liable for to 50 dollars, there may be no such rules that appliy to cards like the op's. They are something like debit carrds, but they are issued on the store's finances, not a bank's. Did they even exist

10? or 15? years ago when the law was last amended?

mm

Looking for help from someone that works at a Home Depot store or corporate HQ. Trying to replace lost/stolen store-credit card, Home Depot employee's and 1-800 number have stonewalled me and claim they are unable to help. $100 REWARD OFFERED!! I have receipts and documentation to verify that the card was issued to me.

Ask the brain dead CSR to pass you on to their supervisor. Take names, dates, times, and detailed notes. Report also to MC, VISA, the issuing bank, etc. Document everything.-Jitney

Reply to
jtnospam

Last year I returned an item at Home Depot w/o receipt, and was issured a Gift/credit card. I lost the card while still in the store. I had the return receipt and the store were able to invalid the card based on the number on the return receipt, and issured me a replacement.

But that was a small item, less than $20.

Reply to
some user

This happened to me last year. Parents bought us a $500 gift card that we immediately lost (I blame the wife - she blames me). We called Home Depot and they said if it was paid for with a credit card then we should go back to the store - reciept or no - and tell them what happened & they would issue another card. My mother went back, without a reciept but with the credit card she bought the gift card with. They verified, and issued us a new gift card.

They said if she had paid with cash or check that we probably would have been out of luck since she lost the reciept.

Doug

Reply to
delphiprog