do not shop home depot

I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again. I went back and cancelled the order. On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot. I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot will screw you.

Never again Home depot

Reply to
ebayer

You have got to be telling the story wrong; if you charged it, stop payment. If you paid cash, take them to small claims court. It is such an easy win that they wouldn't think of screwing you like that; so I conclude you must be telling the story wrong.

Reply to
Toller

I agree if you used your credit card file a dispute with your credit card company.

Just dial the 800 number on the back of your card, tell them your problem and they will send you the paperwork to file a dispute.

And while this is in the process they will withhold payment until the dispute is settled.

I've done this before it really gets their attention.

Reply to
greg6755

perhaps they were less than charitable based on your on again off again ordering status. maybe they would have been more willing to work with you if you hadn't had the previous history...?

Dave

Reply to
Zephyr

I am telling the correct story I purchased it on their credit card I went back to the store

I was told It should have been refused on delivery I have all paper work

I am going to go to small claims I could not get the full name of the ast manager The manager is on vacation

Reply to
ebayer

When I had my reno business I learned that companies substituting was bad news when I had a customer of my own to please. I started writing NO SUBSTITUTIONS on the orders and I still do.

Reply to
Bill_Moore

Somehow I think there is more to this story. What model number is called out on the order and what is the model number actually received? Did you use it before telling them you wanted to send it back? Besides the lacking delicate cycle, what are all the other "multitude" of features that are different?

I've always had no problems when dealing with HD. Last year I special ordered a $450 Kohler cast iron kitchen sink. After getting it home and actually setting it in the opening, I noticed small spider web like cracks in one corner. It seemed it could have been from maybe cooling too rapidly after baking, or similar. Didn't look like a chip, but I was still worried that HD might say I damaged it. Just took it back and they took care of it, no questions, no problems, they just ordered up another one.

If they sent a model that is different than the one you bought, then I'm amazed they would even argue it.

Reply to
trader4

The way I see he placed the order then canceled it only later to renew it. In the mean time Home Depot had probably switched to a different model of machine. It was his fault to not ask if the model was still available at the time he renewed the order.

Reply to
Bill_Moore

Sears used to do some substituting, but it was always a better model. I got benefit of that twice. If they went the other way, I'd never buy from that store again.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It's not up to HD to decide to switch models on a buyer and send something else. If he ordered one model and they wanted to sub something else when he replaced the order they have to ask if a different model is acceptable.

Reply to
trader4

what do you wash that is so delicate?

Reply to
Barney

news when I

They don't do that. They don't put things on hold. If the order arrives at the warehouse and the stock is gone they sub with the replacement, if them deem it equal or better.. To delay the order waiting for the customer to ok the sub would piss off more customers than it would please.

Reply to
Bill_Moore

Buyer beware, huh? You bought it, you cancelled it, you bought it again later. You took delivery without inspection.

Sounds to me like you were cautious.

Yeah, right.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

bad news when I

on the orders

Well excuse me. It would require all of a few mins to look up the customers number and ask them if the sub is acceptable. How about you order a Merceies S500 and the dealer decides to sub a S400, because they don't make the 500 and now only make the 400? Would that be OK, or would you want a few bucks back?

If the order arrives at the

Well, in this case the OP is claiming the sub doesn't have a delicate cycle and a multitude of other features. Even if it doesn;t have just the delicate cycle, it sure sounds like the Benz with the smaller engine. And that's acceptable to you? Who the hell is HD to decide to that the OP doesn't need or want the delicate cycle? If these facts are as stated, HD will lose in small claims in a nano sec.

trader4

I bought a pallet of patio brick at home depot that was discounted because the person that had ordered it before had changed their mind. It had mostly concrete color brick with some black bricks on top. I specifically asked the salesman if the price was for the whole pallet. He said he thought it was for the white brick only but went to check, and came back and told me that he could give me all the brick on the pallet for that price. We processed the deal and they delivered the brick, and low and behold, the black brick were missing. I called and complained and had to really be persistent to get some of the black brick that were on the pallet, although I never got exactly what was on the pallet. When they DID agree to give me at least SOME of the black brick, they wanted ME to come pick them up. Again, I had to go round and round with them about getting it delivered. Home Depot has some of the WORST customer service and customer care I've ever seen. Brian

Reply to
Brian O

That should be irrelivant to how they treat the customer. Bad service is bad service. Brian

Reply to
Brian O

I disagree. Home Depot should have informed the customer BEFORE they delivered it that it wasnt what was on the order. Again, its poor customer service and poor attitude of the store, not the customer. B

Reply to
Brian O

Nonsense. In this day and age even catching a customer at home is difficult and leaving callback messages is a huge PITA for stores.

Most customers would want to see the new machine first. Retail stores NEVER phone about subs. These decisions are based on psychology. Customers are far less likely to reject a sub once it's on their doorstep.

Reply to
Bill_Moore

was bad news when I

SUBSTITUTIONS on the orders

I highly doubt that. I've had numerous appliances and furniture delivered, and if something comes in that I didn't order, I do get much more agitated than if they call me and talked with me first. B

Reply to
Brian O

So you going to sit down and read the manual while the delivery guys wait for an hour for you to make sure it does the same functions? All the while they are telling you it does the same thing? I doubt it. Again, the store should NEVER substitute before asking. B

Reply to
Brian O