do not shop home depot

We don't know if that's true.

Reply to
Bill_Moore

Oh, that's silly. I deal with thousands of contracts per year in business and at home. Most work out fine. Issues and even disputes arise from time to time but those are generally resolved very quickly.

Yes, there may be more shady characters out there than you or I would like. But most of the time, contracts, even verbal ones, work and are enforcable.

Interestingly, in this case, Home Depot appear to have diverged from their own written policies and (in my experience) their customary behavior. Perhaps the OP did not tell the whole/true story but it's just as likely that a poorly trained, minimal wage employee screwed up. In the latter case, it is clearly Home Depot's responsibility.

Of course, all bets are off if this purchase was a special sale item sold on a receipt clearly endorsed with something to the effect of "no returns".

If the OP has fairly represented the details of this transaction, he will most likely prevail in, say, small claims court. A courteous conversation with the local store manager may resolve the issue even faster.

One thing I would do in his situation is to ask for a written copy of the store's returns policy -- there is a rather poorly written one on

Follow the link Customer Service | Return Policy which does appear to address (rather poorly) the in-store policy as well as the on-line policy.

If the OP has misrepresented the facts, there's little point in all of us pontificating on what might have happened.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Not exactly the point.

Reply to
wicked

And that, is bad customer service. To ram an inferior item down a customers throat because he might be too timid to complain is out and out fraud. If this occurred exactly the way the op says, that is.

Reply to
wicked

Reply to
Brian O