do not shop home depot

Only if you don't have a cell phone and don't have an answering machine or voice mail. That pretty much rules out everybody with the ability to afford a new washing machine.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Call backs FROM customers are a HUGE pain in the ass. If you had ever worked for a huge business you would understand why. Staff don't work 24/7.

Reply to
Bill_Moore

After my third counter top got de-laminated from the crap flakeboard they accused me of "countertop abuse"! I have not spent a penny in there since.

Reply to
tmurf.1

Anyone who shops Home Depot for 'quality' have rocks in their heads. :) They cannot be trusted, and will sell crap knowing in most cases they can get away with it.

Reply to
Bill_Moore

I can show them in my hand what I need and they try to sell something else. I look at them like they have three heads. All I need is this compression fitting, in this size.

-- Oren

Oren

No it doesn't. Not everyone has, or wants, those damn things. Some of us either don't like to be findable, or simply have nobody that calls, so never bothered to get connected. And as to washers- I hauled mine home from Sam's and installed it my own damn self, thank you.

But having said that- The driver should have been given instructions to get specific customer permission before they took the substitute off the truck, if the manager hadn't succeeded in getting verbal permission over the phone.

aem sends...

Reply to
<aemeijers

"Barney" wrote in news:T%pAh.10315$19.8092 @bignews3.bellsouth.net:

Don&#39;t ask such stupid questions. Clothes from the Marv Albert Collection you silly goose :-)

Reply to
Al Bundy

If you have to ask the question, you would never understand the answer.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Oh puleeze. Just mention your hours of operation and give a phone number when you leave the message. You don&#39;t have to work 24x7 in order to make it possible for a return call.

This isn&#39;t rocket science.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

No argument there. The customer had every right to refuse delivery.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

I NEVER BUY APPLIANCES FROM HOME DEPOT THEIR DELIVERY SYSTEM CONTRACTED OUT SUCKS!

Call corporate and complain some more, they should of gotten permission to substitute, beyond which the person waiting for delivery may not have known about the changes or had been empowered to accept a substitution.

Lowes is much nicer to deal with for appliances and delivered stuff.

I bought a fridge at home depot they couldnt give me a dlivery window anytime from 7 am to 7pm or later if were running late. Didnt call me, I was close by theyjust left fridge on porch

Store manager had promised a call!

If someone did that to me again I would say no signature come get it, contesting credit card charge!

Reply to
hallerb

So another 3 day delay waiting for the staff member to return from days off. Then you expect the staffer to wait for the call AT their computer so they can call up the customers order. If they miss the return call they get yet another opportunity to leave ANOTHER message on the customers answering machine. It&#39;s called phone tag and it costs big companies MILLIONS. They hate it. That why they have a substitution policy...:) It&#39;s up to the customer to educate themselves about the companies they wish to deal with. At the very least educate yourself about their RETURNS policies.

Reply to
Bill_Moore

Then don&#39;t deliver the substitution. There are disadvantages with telling the customer you have product you haven&#39;t got.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

When I bought a washer and dryer last year, I specifically chose a smaller appliance store that had been here a long time. That was definitely NOT Home Depot. This place (Western Auto) has salespeople who actually knew about washers and dryers.

BTW, that did matter when the dryer quit heating 5 weeks later. They sent someone out that day.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I notice you sniped the most relevant part of my post so you could make this silly post. If you dislike a companies policies DON"T shop there. It&#39;s up to YOU, the customer, to educate yourself about those policies.

Reply to
Bill_Moore

Do they install them in cars? Couldn&#39;t resist...hehe.

Reply to
Bill_Moore

wrote

Amen, brother. Going to Home Depot and bitching about things is like going to a w**re house and complaining about the behavior.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

OMIGAWD, do they still have Western Auto Stores?

When I was a kid, I always went there to buy bike parts. They had quite an assortment of all sorts of things, as I recall.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

You&#39;re beating up a strawman, asshole. I never made any such statement. I was simply attacking your statement that it incredibly difficult for a company to contact a customer.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Something&#39;s missing here. I work for HD and I can tell you for a fact that they would NEVER stiff a customer over something like this. In fact, they are SO amenable they get ripped off by customers in ways I never would&#39;ve imagined.

The policy is 30 day return with receipt, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. PERIOD.

Even special orders are returnable but there is a 15% restocking charge.

This guy is lying thru his teeth.

Reply to
curmudgeon