Counter from Home Depot

I ordered a custom kitchen counter with integrated sink from Home Depot and the only option they have is to use their installer.

They had me put $1240 down on my credit card, then after the installer came out to take measurements, I'd need to come back to the store and pay a *slight* additional fee to make up for the discrepancy between their estimate and the installer's actual figures.

When I returned to the store yesterday, to my surprise they counted out a *cash* refund of $240!

I'll have to give them credit for honesty, this is the first time I've ever seen an estimate go down.

My wife tried very hard to spend it before we got out of the store.

Reply to
philo

Since that guy is a Home Depot contractor, I wonder how much it would be if you just called him directly. I only paid a hundred and a quarter for a cultured marble bathroom sink and counter top. I installed it myself.

Reply to
gfretwell

LOL!....

She was only trying to do her job. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

25 years ago I did it myself.

Note: this is a kitchen, so larger than a bathroom counter.

The problem is, after 25 years, water seeped through and damaged it...so I wanted to get an integrated sink/counter.

Since they did not let me just order one...I figured what the heck, let them install it.

Since I started this project I have been putting in as long as 15 hour days...so if I have to spend a few bucks for someone else's labor...to me it's worth it.

I'm 66 years old and had both knees replaced a few years ago and am surprised I can do this still without burning out.

Reply to
philo

Yep and she will spend it yet... however there are a lot of things for this project she bought, using her own money...

Reply to
philo

Thats what you get for taking your wife to a MANS store. I'm sure she doesn't take you to the department store when she shops for clothes : )

Reply to
ChairMan

I'm older too and hire folks to do stuff I used to do.

Someone said that if you wake up in the morning and something does not hurt, it don't work.

Reply to
Frank

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Two of the roommates I've had here at the center have knee replacements and one of them said that his orthopedist told him that he won't be able to be nd his knee past 90 degrees. Is that the case with your bionic knees? ?( ? ° ?? ?°)?

I've looked at kitchen counters but I couldn't figure them out. I need a counter weight or a counter so I can count my posts in a month...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Very good.

You shouldn't let money burn a hole in your pocket. if you do, it can set your pants on fire, and then you'll end up naked. You wouldn't want your wife to be naked at HD, would you?

Reply to
micky

I looked around my house and counted *one* kitchen.

Easy to do myself...

Reply to
philo

All in all my aches and pains are not too bad.

The most difficult part was carrying in the 65 pound bucket of drywall compound.

Ten years ago I would not have thought it heavy.

Reply to
philo

Correct, there is no way in hell I'd go clothes shopping with her usually

but when we were on vacation and I was relaxed I did go with her just to see the NY City Macy's

Once we got to the upper floors it was not a mad house at all.

Reply to
philo

sure, why not???

Reply to
philo

Sharp corners?

Reply to
micky

You've got me a little worried. If Home Depot is a man's store, do I need to worry about turning into a man the next time I go there to pick up (for example) a sack of concrete?

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

When I go to Home Depot I see plenty of men and women there.

Reply to
philo

Frank posted for all of us...

YUP! If I wake up in the morning and make to the bathroom it's a good day.

Reply to
Tekkie®

When I had my knees replaced and was still in the hospital...they took my "piss bottle" away after a few days and I had to walk to the bathroom.

First time, I did not time things too well and peed in my pants for the first time in over 60 years (not counting my drunken binge first week in college)

I was real embarrassed, but the nice folks in the hospital said they had seen worse.

Now as to my drunken binge, I do not know 100% for sure that I peed in my pants but from what I was told...I did pretty much everything there was to do...so assume I peed in my pants too.

Reply to
philo

On 07 Aug 2015, philo wrote in alt.home.repair:

Maybe somebody else peed in them.

Reply to
Nil

Can't bend more than 90 degrees!!! I would look for a new doctor, or a new brand of implants. Find out the brand he want to use and check it out on the internet, the information is out there. My wife has bad knees, as well as myself. The doctor who examined her knees suggested an Oxford partial implant. I checked it all out on the internet and it looked to be a good option, but her health is not so good and she doesn't heel very quickly so she is reluctant to have it done as it will cause a lot of pain and lay her up for quite a while before she heals enough to be able to walk again.

Reply to
EXT