Mow your lawn without gas, electricity, or your muscles!

Mow your lawn without gas, muscles, or electricity.

Just get yourself a "LAWN MOOER"

T.Rockford

Except for the portion between the sidewalk and street, I don't mow my lawn at all...I've let it go "all natural".

I do weed out what the city refers to as "noxious".

Once that's done, very little of it comes back year after year.

Reply to
philo

Sheep work better: they actually cut the grass with their teeth, whereas cows simply wrap their tongues around the grass and pull it out.

I grew up on a farm, and when the lawn next to the house got too long my father would pen a sheep there for a while.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

I suspect it is like all the deer in my neighborhood. They eat the grass but not the weeds.

Reply to
Frank

The city wanted an environmentally sensitive answer to the weed problem on a mountain that's an open space so they invited a sheep farmer to graze his flock. Very picturesque with the old sheep wagon, dogs, and so forth. Sheep carefully eat their way around leafy spurge, knapweed, and the other invasive species they're supposed to be eliminating.

After the photo op is over and the sheep are gone, they bring out the Tordon.

There are a couple of areas outside of the public view where the sheep are penned at night. No weeds there. No nothing there, it's chewed down to mineral soil.

Reply to
rbowman

Goats always impressed me in turning land that had grown up in weeds for decades, into grassland. They prefer only 30% of their diet to be grassy. They prefer to leave the grass high enough to thrive, maybe 5". They love leafy splurge and knapweed. They'll eat weeds that would poison some grazers. They'll debark small trees to give the grass sun.

Maybe California has wildfires because they don't have enough goats.

Reply to
J Burns