Home depot Promotion tomorrow? any good?

I was in a Home depot today and they had the stuff ready to put out for a promotion tomorrow.

if you buy an amount of hand tools, you get back a gift card $25..gets $10 $50...gets $20 $100 gets $40 $150 gets 60 $200gets $80

That seems pretty good, does anyone out there work for HD or know if this covers power tools? Bessey clamps? etc?

hda

Reply to
A.I.

I'm going to check this out. If I can buy $100 worth of K-bodies and get a $40 gift card, that's a great deal in my book. I can always use the card in other departments.

Other than the K-bodies, very few tools at the BORG interest me.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

SNIP

What's wrong with the DeWalt compound miter saws, the Bosch jig saws, the Senco nailers, etc. etc.?? I agree, the Borg isn't user friendly, but a sale is a sale and if the price is right, there are still good power tools there.

(notice I didn't mention the Ryobi toy table saws hehe)

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

wrote

Reply to
A.I.

What about Ryobi band saws? My Lowe's & HD each have a $99.95 9-in benchtop Lowe's has the Delta, and the frame is genuine plastic. (!!!!) The Ryobi, at HD, at least has a metal frame & looks & feels solid.

It's going to be awhile until I can afford the 20" Laguana (sp?) with its welded frame.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

They aren't HAND tools! Only HAND tools are on sale. I can do without Buck Brothers planes and the like.

Other than that, I buy all of my power tools from local power tool dealers, like Woodcraft or Woodworker's Warehouse. They have exactly the same prices as the BORG, with waaaay better service. Often they may also stock a slightly up-level power tool, or kit that the Borgs don't.

FWIW, I bought (4) more K-bodies, a metric socket set, a soft face hammer, and a utility knife, for a total of $201 before tax. This got me an $80 gift card.

Picking up a $3 utility knife for me an extra $20 in card.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I'll sell you my 8" Delta for $50 + shipping.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Send me an email. My addy is easy to de-spamify.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

If I read it right tonight, the requirements are an original cash register receipt _and_ the UPC's "from the packaging". So, how the hell do you get the UPC's off the Besseys without tearing them up? I've yet to get one of those stickers off a Bessey handle in less than a dozen little strips.

Reply to
Swingman

Heat gun! One more tool to buy, if you don't have one already!! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I had no difficulty removing the UPC's from the four Bessey's I bought yesterday. I just used my fingernail and a little patience. It did leave a sticky residue which I'll have to remove later.

Reply to
AL

Mine are already falling off.

A sharp razor blade would easily remove the others in one swoop.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

They apparently use different glue down here in Texas to foil the many more thieves we have. The Bessey's in the shop still have their stickers welded on after two years, and the ones at the store were the same ... I'll see what a hair dryer will do.

Reply to
Swingman

Goo Gone or lighter fluid works well.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Reply to
Windy Wood

DO NOT do this on some labels. Citrus based solvents have never wiped a label on me.

Yesterday, WD-40 started to remove the lettering and bar code on my soft face hammer label. I was using WD-40 instead of Goo Gone only because it was already out, saving me a 10 foot walk to the shelf.

As usual, test in an inconspicuous area.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .