Lettering Templates

Greetings,

I'm a long time lurker, but I believe this is my 1st post. I'd like to find a decent set of lettering templates for use with my router. I have the set made by Vermont American, but it's pretty much junk (as is most Vermont American stuff, (IMHO)). I searched all over the web and find nothing except the set I have and a pantograph which I've never used. Hoping that someone on this list may have some leads for me. Thanks very much!

Steve Woolley Steve's Woodworking Cincinnati, OH

wooddesigns "AT" earthlink.net

Reply to
Steve Woolley

Just ran across these:

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

You may also like to look at these other sets:

from Rockler. This one seems to have a better letter holding and spacing mechanism.

from Trend (UK) but a bit more expensive. Looks nice though :)

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

5 Reviews:

- Veritas Jointer Blade Sharpener

- Miller Dowel System

- Robert Sorby Woodturning Chisels

- Kwikstand Portable Table Saw Stand

- Bosch 3912 (GCM12) 12" Compound Miter Saw

ToolReviews

Thanks for the responses! I think I'll try the one from Rockler. The Lee Valley set looks pretty much like the set I have now.

Here's the deal: One of my better customers wants me to build a grave marker for the grave of his wife's pet squirrel. This job seemed quite amusing at first, but actually his wife is sick with grief after the loss of her beloved "Buba", and I need to do an especially good job on this one.

I've selected a 2"x15" piece of poplar cut 24" long for the marker. I'm not much of a carver, so I'll need to rely on the router for the lettering and any other embellishments.

Thanks for the help!!

Steve

spacing

Reply to
Stephen Woolley

Good luck Steve! Hopw it works out ok for you.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

5 Reviews:

- Veritas Jointer Blade Sharpener

- Miller Dowel System

- Robert Sorby Woodturning Chisels

- Kwikstand Portable Table Saw Stand

- Bosch 3912 (GCM12) 12" Compound Miter Saw

Woodman

Sears has a couple sets. I have no idea who they're made by, though, could be V.A., easily.

--randy

Reply to
Randy Chapman