Clamps at Home Depot

Stopped at Home Depot today...

Picked up about $200 in Bessey K-body clamps...

Filled out the form for the $80 back, dropped it in the mail...

The beauty of it is that I can do this multiple times until the 29th of this month...

....And so can you!

Stop bitching about woodcraft.

Michael

Reply to
Michael R. Dow

Please add a little more detail. How do you get 40% off at HD?

-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)

Reply to
Bill Rittner

By taking advantage of the recent hand tool sale.

$50 of tools gets a $20 gift card, $100 gets $40, $150 gets $60, and $200 gets $80.

I was able to pick up $201 in K-Bodies at the Berlin HD, which will get me an $80 card. The $80 card will be used for supplies that I would have purchased anyway for an upcoming repaint.

Of course, if there's nothing you need that can be purchased with a BORG gift card, the sale isn't that great. Buying unnecessary crap just 'cause it's on sale kind of negates the benefits.

On another note, have you been to Harris lately? If so, how's the red oak and maple stock look?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

This is all true, I even called the phone number on the rebate form to verify that clamps count as "hand tools". Although I'm not sure you can continue to mail in it multiple times (Don't want to be tempted to spend another $200 anyhow)..

The guy said basically anything in the tools section that didn't run on batteries or have a cord qualified for the rebate.. so this is a pretty good sale/promotion.

Reply to
pete rose

message news:...

Now if one were to buy $200 worth of K-bodies and then use the $80 gift card to buy $80 more of K-bodies, they would get $280 worth of K-bodies for $200. This is equivalent to a little over 28% off sale (as opposed to the 50 some % off previously on Jorgy's - of course most evryone interested can get in on the K-body "sale" :)

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

Since I buy my lumber green from a local sawmill @ $1.00/bd. ft. none of the local hardwood outlets interest me.

Now if you could cash the gift card in that would be an interesting sale,

40% discount, but, having to buy $80 worth of stuff I really don't need takes the gloat right out of this sale for me.

-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)

Reply to
Bill Rittner

You could always use it to buy more clamps...

-Jack

wrote

Reply to
JackD

How do you get the stinking UPC code from the clamps? The only UPC on the ones I've seen are glued to the handles, and I'm not sure God could get them off in one piece.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle

Trade it in for two more clamps.

Reply to
Swingman

I was worried about that myself as the UPC's on the Bessey's I've had for a while couldn't be scraped off in one piece. This time I just picked the clamps that had UPC's that were easy to remove.

Reply to
Swingman

One of mine *fell* off in the car, most of the others came off with a fingernail peel, one needed Goo Gone.

If you can successfully work wood, I'll bet you can get the sticker off.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Well, I thought about chucking the handle in the lathe, but then believed the proper diameter plug-cutter might do the trick . . .

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle

So what size clamps are the most useful. I have 2 50" and 4 31". Should I add some 12" and 24" clamps to the mix? Maybe some 40" ones. Which ones do you guys find most useful?

-Bill

Reply to
Bill

When I started wooddorking I bought only 36" Jorgy bar clamps, thinking you could always use a longer clamp where a shorter one would do. It didn't take too long to cure me of that. When clamping a stop block to the TS fence, a 6" clamp works much better than a 36". ;-)

For bar clamps I have 4 36", 3 24", 4 18", 7 12" & 1 4". This mix is usually enough for the stuff I do.

BTW, I bought two of these. They are a different color than my Jorgys but seem to work fine. $5 for 24".

6" is on sale for $3.
"How Many Clamps?" discussion needs a URL like this:
-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I use the 31's and 24's most often, as I use K-bodies most often for perfectly square doors. I have some 40's that usually substitute for

31's.

It all depends on what YOU make!

For casework, I've always had good luck with any pipe or bar clamp that will fit, as the mechanical joinery does enough to keep things square, so I've never bought 50" K-bodies.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Not to mention that the extra pipe or bar can put a racking load on the clamp if not supported, making for a crappy joint or a twisted workpiece.

My early clamps were bought with exactly the same wisdom as yours. Who needs short clamps, when long ones can do?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:11:27 GMT, B a r r y B u r k e J r . pixelated:

For the poor sots who missed the Woodcraft Ripo^H^H^H^HSale, HFT is having a clamp sale. Their lifetime-guaranteed Pittsburgh line of bar clamps is on sale at half price thru 11/10/03.

34387 6" $1.99 5975 12" $2.49 5976 24" $3.49 34389 30" $3.99 34388 36" $4.49

- Metaphors Be With You -

Web Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

How do you get these prices, walk-in only? The 34387 is on sale for $2.99 on the web site:

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Depends on what kind of stuff you work on. Most of my stuff is under

12" so I use the shorter >
Reply to
Jim K

Reply to