Goodwill tool score

True but the specific chemistry does matter.

I've lost count of my tool batteries. It seems that they multiply in the drawer.

Reply to
krw

I might not be able to do "precision" work, or do it "fast", but "eventually" would work. (I could make the part with a file if I am willing to take the time.)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

lousy dystopian culture"

I like the bench top craftsmen I got at a garage sale for $30 but it is ol d . Dated it to about 1938 and almost takes two people to lift. I had to cl ean up the cast iron a bit but it works like new. He also through in a Cros s Slide Drill Press Vise and a large set of high speed bits. Looks like thi s .

Mark H

Nice drill - and motors were EXPENSIVE so the quick-mount "shop motor" fit many different tools - and you can only use one at a time anyway.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Apparenlty he pays MSRP, and eats out all the time. Cause apparently, he's got money to spare.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

There is a big difference between finding a good price or eating out and bragging about how you saved what amounts to little more than pocket change. The point is the gloat, not saving the small amount of money.

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com on Thu, 18 Apr 2019 20:46:43 -0400 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

And one guys "big savings" is another's pocket change.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

In the grand scheme of things, yep, this is. I'll take it if I don't have to go out of my way to get it but it's not going to change my day, much less life. ...and, yes, we go out to restaurants for meals, too.

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com on Sat, 20 Apr 2019 09:41:29 -0400 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

Some times ... it is easier to stop while we're out, than to wait.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

When you find yourself at the bottom of a hole, stop digging.

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com on Sat, 20 Apr 2019 22:36:36 -0400 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

I was bored.