Fine Bronze Wool

At Home Depot. Item description: 3 steel wool pads per pack. LOL.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Product Specification : Wool Grade 0-Fine

The second Customer Question :

" Is this 0000 .. ? "

Duh.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Yeah, if you you want to clean off a wood or fiberglass item, and don't like the prospect of leaving rust, it's useful to have the nonrusting metal.

So, the bronze alloy is a steel-wool substitute.

And, for RF blocking in electronics, it's a nice way to close gaps. They still make lead wool, too (used to be for bell/spigot plumbing joints, but nowadays we chink our concrete radiation shielding with the stuff).

Reply to
whit3rd