hooks into concrete wall

Hello there
Sorry this is different post from the previous one (the solution was to use
tension rod). Now this is different, I have concrete wall and I want to pl
ace some hooks in the wall. I have been watching many youtube videos. I do
not have impact drill but normal drill. What is the best way to do mount ho
oks on the wall? I also watched a video that they use adhesive to mount a h
ook and it seems strong. I need mount some not to heavy stuff but heavy eno
ugh (like 1-5 lb). Please tell me if you have an experience with that.
This video for the adhesive

and this video, he use special nails

Thanks a lot indeed.
Reply to
leza wang
Go down to your local hardware store and tell them what you want to do. They should show you concrete bits for your regular drill plus the appropriate expansion screws. Home Depot has these:
Reply to
Dean Hoffman
Consider using an anchor such as this: (available in different sizes)

A regular drill with proper size masonry bit, hammer, and wrench are only tools needed.
Reply to
""Retired"
I would go to Harbor Fright and get a cheap hammer drill. If you are really drilling concrete as much as your 2 posts indicate you will be a lot happier. You can drill into block with a regular drill but concrete is tougher.
Reply to
gfretwell
? 2020?7?30???? UTC+8 ??6:56:00?<leza wang> ??? > Hello there > > Sorry this is different post from the previous one (the solution was to use tension rod). Now this is different, I have concrete wall and I want to place some hooks in the wall. I have been watching many youtube videos. I do not have impact drill but normal drill. What is the best way to do mount hooks on the wall? I also watched a video that they use adhesive to mount a hook and it seems strong. I need mount some not to heavy stuff but heavy enough (like 1-5 lb). Please tell me if you have an experience with that. > > This video for the adhesive > >
> > > and this video, he use special nails > > >
> > Thanks a lot indeed.
Reply to
lissa xue
What I understand is that a bolt needs to be fixed to the wooden board. Is it a bolt like this?
It is easy to install and has strong bearing capacity
Reply to
lissa xue
On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 02:33:35 -0700 (PDT), lissa xue
... from the link you posted ; " Functionality " :
" It is used for hanging and quick-removable structures, scaffolding. It is designed to attach materials and equipment to concrete, natural stone, full-bodied brick. Installed in a pre-drilled hole, twisted manually, turning the head clockwise. "
What's the question ?
John T.
Reply to
hubops
On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 01:51:22 -0700 (PDT), lissa xue
A few small holes into concrete might be possible with a good masonry bit < or two or three > and a regular drill - - a hammer-drill is much better. I would never trust adhesive. I would not install any wood backing in a wet area.
John T.
Reply to
hubops
A shot pin gun works pretty well and I have a RamSet you can use manually but you need a big hammer. (Two pounds or more) The trick is you need to set the pin in one hit.
Reply to
gfretwell
That's what I did to anchor my new sill plate. $25 at Walmart, and the difference between that and trying to use a regular drill is night and day.
Reply to
TimR
On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 09:35:30 -0700 (PDT), TimR snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:
For these "once in a blue moon" users I would suggest getting a cheap hammer drill from Harbor Fright. They have one for $23 and if you can find a coupon it is probably more like $18-19.
Reply to
gfretwell
In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...
Yes, there is usually a 20% off coupon good for anything if not one for the drill. I bought one a few years back to put some 1/4 inch holes in bricks for the plastic type anchors.
Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Site Timeline Threads

  • I wanted to reuse two LED floods on an old fixture. Connected black to brown and...

    Home Repair