Mirka Sanding Disks - Anyone Familiar?

I saw some plans for a sanding station in a magazine. In one of the pictures they show a couple of boxes of Mirka ROS sanding disks.

Anybody familiar with these disks?

The majority of the Amazon reviews seem to indicate that they are just fine, OK, as good as anything else, etc. (4.7/5, 162 reviews)

I need some disks and the current sale at Home Depot makes the Diablo SandNet disks cheaper than the Mirka disks, so I'm not looking to switch unless someone suggests that I should.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Are they gold or "abranet"? I read that Klingspor are best bang for the buck. I used to use Norton blue ones for years but they didn't seem worth a darn I'd burn through those but I wasn't buying them. Once I switched to Festool sanders with dust collection I was blown away by how much better my sanding went and how much longer the discs lasted. Are you using Dynabrade style sanders? JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I used to work for a distributor in the mid 90's. We sold Mirka to body shops. They have been around for a long time and it is a good paper for a middle quality paper.

If you want a paper that lasts a long time, that equates to cheaper, Festool Granat.

I bought a box of 100 5" disks for about $65. I may never have to buy that grit again.

Seriously, These out last the Festool Rubin paper by 5~10 times. Festool Rubin outlasted 3M by double.

Reply to
Leon

I cannot advise using Klingspor. Terrible, their PSA paper would not let go, acetone was often used to remove the paper.

Reply to
Leon

The Mirka disks were gold.

My ROS is a DeWalt D26453 which I can use with my dust collection system.

I've been using these net disks in various grits for the past few years:

DerbyDad03

Are the Granat disks hook and loop or adhesive?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Hook and Loop.

And FWIW they do sell in 10 packs. A 10 pack would last me 3~4 large projects.

Reply to
Leon