Built a Hole!

Soooooo since no one is mentioning building something I'll mention the
POS I built last week.
First off this is for a good customer that ordered an IKEA toy box. I
got to build it and cut a hole in it.
The roll out drawer holds a cat litter box and needed a hole for
entering and exiting.
Here is where I got to use my Shaper Origin again for a paying job!
So I built the %&^((($%$###$****** box with the included plastic fasteners.
Then I cut the hole!!!!
No computer design for the CNC work. The on board software, on the
Origin, let me establish the X,Y axis on the drawer front, dial in the
proper offset, cut the size rectangle I want, and add a radius to all
corners. SIMPLE!
Reply to
Leon
That box is too plain. Customer needs to put some cat decals on it... or some mouse decals.
JRR Tolkien's cat poem.
Cat The fat cat on the mat may seem to dream of nice mice that suffice for him, or cream; but he free. maybe, walks in thought unbowed, proud, where loud roared and fought his kin, lean and slim, or deep in den in the East feasted on beasts and tender men.
The giant lion with iron claw in paw, and huge ruthless tooth in gory jaw; the pard dark-starred, fleet upon feet, that oft soft from aloft leaps on his meat where woods loom in gloom--- far now they be, fierce and free, and tamed as he; but fat cat on the mat kept as pet, he does not forget.
Lately, I've been doing some furniture repairs and upholstery.
Sonny
Reply to
Sonny
On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 17:34:03 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:
If you did not cut the hole would the cat be alive or dead in the box?
Reply to
Markem
Schrödinger teaches us that an object made by Ikea and a piece of furniture can not exist in the same space at the same time.
Reply to
DerbyDad03
On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 18:32:48 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
So that why they are so damn heavy, black hole tech!!!
Reply to
Markem
Neither. With out the hole it could not have gotten in. LOL
Actually I brought up the outer shell, upstairs of course, then the drawer. I sat the drawer in the middle of the room. The cat immediately walked right through the hole and into the drawer and looked up at us.
We placed the drawer and litter box inside the outer shell and the cat walked in, did his business, and came out a minute or two later.
Actually the toy box was a perfect solution to containing the mess and the drawer, being on rollers, slid in and out with ease. This job turned out to be a bit rewarding in that my customer, the cat, seemed to be totally comfortable with the whole rig. ;~)
Reply to
Leon
I will attest that IKEA style furniture is absolutely intended to be built in close proximity to where it will eventually remain.
This stuff does not do well being moved from one location to another. Moving to another home and the stuff will have issues.
Reply to
Leon
On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 10:14:28 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:
OTOH, wavy boards have no weight at all.
Reply to
krw
And FWIW the thick top on the outer housing was almost as lite as a feather. I suspect, wavy boar?
Reply to
Leon
So, how much money do I have to invest to make a hole like that? Did you recoup your costs on the first job?
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski
I can't decide which is the better response, so I guess I'll post them both...
1 - But now you have the everlasting gratitude of the cat. Priceless!
2 - $2500 and the damn cat is sh*tting all over your work.
Reply to
DerbyDad03

Site Timeline Threads