dreaming on craigslist

cannot see anything close to 12000 worth of tools

the 300mm makita planer jointer looks interesting but that would be what 500 tops

maybe there is more stuff with no pictures

Reply to
Electric Comet

He's way off... too emotionally attached to the stuff!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

probably true and i see it a lot to get a deal now might be impossible and then they run out of time and do a quick sale for far less

Reply to
Electric Comet

I don't see $12,000 brand new for that stuff. Let alone used prices. That Makita jointer/planer is weird. Never seen one where they have literally separate jointers and planers mounted side by side using the same motor but separate cutter heads. Jointer is maybe 8" on this one. Planer is 12". Older Unisaw is probably OK with a Biesemeyer on it I think. But its likel y 3 HP. Not 5 HP. Brand new cabinet saws can be had for a few thousand do llars today. Not sure if that compressor is 2 stage or single stage. Huge difference in price and performance. Not sure if its 3 or 5 HP motor on t he compressor. Old INCA band saw is interesting. But its a 3 wheel saw an d those were never that desirable. Cheap junk lathe. Cheap Chinese dust c ollector. Not sure what the router bits are worth. Not much. Most likely they are basically cheap Chinese bits you can buy from Harbor Freight righ t now.

Reply to
russellseaton1

yeah price is way off for what is shown

but we know the clamps are gone already

like the idea of two in one equipement just because it saves space but had not seen one and makita has a decent reputation for quality so it might be usable

they look well used too

maybe in a bind and needing cash bad and hoping for the right buyer

Reply to
Electric Comet

I've no doubt the Makita j/p is good quality. Every Makita tool I've ever used was high quality. Don't think they make low quality tools. But the i dea of making a jointer and planer combo unit by using the same motor to dr ive both separate cutters and having both tool side by side just seems odd. I think I have seen this design by some European maker a long time ago. But most European designed combo units today use the same cutter head for b oth jointing and planning.

Reply to
russellseaton1

Check out the machine in this video. Unless I'm mistaken, it's a planer, jointer and table saw all-in-one. At about 0:45 he begins to use the planer (and his foot).

I'm not a fan of an unguarded table saw blade running full time, but if you watch the whole video, you'll see that safety does not seem to be a top priority.

DerbyDad03

I liked the high dollar router table.

Reply to
russellseaton1

they must have had some constraint that made them design it that way would need a close look at it to take a guess why they did it that way

or maybe not a constraint but just a feature they thought was important based on real world use

Reply to
Electric Comet