Best Grooves

Am I the only one in here thinking it would be a discussion on Routers vs Dado blades vs planes?

Anyways, I have a mix of Eagles, Steely Dan, Daft Punk, Blumchen, and They Might Be Giants in my workshop music player.

Reply to
N Hurst

He's Funny That Way - Billie Holiday

The Advent of Panurge - Gentle Giant

Karn Evil 9 - ELP

Stormy Weather - Billie Holiday

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

Am I the only one in here thinking it would be a discussion on Routers vs Dado blades vs planes?

Anyways, I have a mix of Eagles, Steely Dan, Daft Punk, Blumchen, and They Might Be Giants in my workshop music player.

Reply to
N Hurst
Reply to
tom

Yeah but 33s and saw dust just are not the best of friends, but being a geek and former Shure engineering tech, where there is a will there is away. However none are available outside my abode, for me it is fair use of my LPs (1), beyond that lay the land of DCMA.

Markem

1(500 plus) 2% digitized and counting (sixoneeight) = 618
Reply to
Markem

One of the best tunes of all time!

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

It's good to see someone mention Bruce Cockburn. Peggy's Kitchen Wall.

Reply to
Test Tickle

Anything by Bob Dylan (before Infidels).

Friends of Dean Martinez.

Ani DiFranco

Best single: Four Non Blondes, "What's Up"

Reply to
Test Tickle

Second only to "Sultans of Swing", about the best song ever done by anyone

In my player today:

Keller Williams -- Stage, Disc 2

Tommy Emmanuel

Solas

Itzhak Perlman -- Four Seasons

Dave Matthews Band

Acoustic Alchemy

and of course,

Bela Fleck doing unnatural acts with his banjo

Or else the radio's playing Click and Clack and their inane laughter or Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me from Chicago . . . .

Reply to
Don Fearn

The whole Waiting For A Miracle is brilliant. The instrumentation on If I Had A Rocket Launcher alone is worth the price of admission. Speaking of Barenaked ladies (obscure segway) Ed Robinson does a fine job on their new CD Barenaked Ladies Are Me. The song Easy is very pleasant.

But.. back to what i was listening to a few moment ago... I was trying to figure out which version of I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor I like best.... is it The Arctic Monkies..or Sugababes?

Robatoy

"The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades" Timbuk 3

Reply to
sailor

Asleep At The Wheel does a great cover of Ida Red.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Wow.... not one mention of any of my regulars.

Alvin Lee (the honest to Pete guitar god, no Eric whatshisname)

Peter Green (just about anything along about '67 -'75)

Jeff Beck - Situation, Goin' Down, Spanish Boots

Tony Rice (with or without anyone)

Manassas - Turn Back the Pages, Bluebird, So Begins the Task

Sean Phillips - Contribution, Second Collaboration

Not much popular stuff there, but I think most of that stuff holds up well even though some of it is 35-40 years old.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

RE: Subject

Ella, Diana, Sarah, Art Tatum, Joe Williams, Monk, Brubeck, Miles.

The list goes on, but you get the idea.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

You go, boy!

Bill Evans, Art Blakely, Oscar Peterson, Stan Getz, Wayne Shorter, Coleman Hawkins, Joe Pass.... none are ever too far from the jukebox. And of course... never heard a bad note from Paul Desmond.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

And strangely, a few of mine- that doesn't happen often.

Reply to
Prometheus

Hard to equal that for legacy ... except maybe Lowell George.

Reply to
Swingman

Back then, Little Feat didn't leave my turntable for weeks.

There are many memories attached to Linda Ronstadt's version of "Willing" as well.

That and Pure Prairy League, Poco---> The Running Horse image designed by the late, great Phil Hartman of SNL fame. I still think Poco is great. On my shelf, next to Beau Brummels, Buffalo Springfield. Can you say Burrrrrito Bros???? I love a lot of music, but that blue-grassy/rocky/country thing has got a piece of my soul. I'll be spinning some Poco this evening.

I know I'm going to ragged on for saying this, but they don't make them like that any more. They just don't.

*cartwheeling on out to the shop and singing*

Well now Amie what you wanna do? I think I could stay with you For a while, maybe longer if I do

Now it's come to what you want you've had your way And all the things you thought before just faded into gray And can you see That I don't know if it's you or if it's me If it's one of us I'm sure we'll both will see Won't you look at me and tell me

Amie what you wanna do? I think I could stay with you For a while, maybe longer Longer if I do

(sounded better after '78 when Vince Gill joined PPL...little know fact..)

Best get to work before Boetcher gets mad at me again... note to self: bring Decca record brush to shop to blow out with air....

Robatoy

Shifting gears a little bit, The Kingston Trio, The Weavers, Pete Seeger, and of course Willie.

Those were the days my friend, We thought they would never end,

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Detroit just got a European Classical / Classical Jazz station (90.9 FM if you happen to be in the area) that plays Mozart, Holst, etc. all day but Jazz from 7 pm.

Not much news and no political commentary AT ALL!

Every radio in my house is permanently tuned to it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit