Craftsman Style House Number Frame

Designing/implementing a small frame for a client's Frank Lloyd Wright house numbers was a pleasant little project after the pesky chair reproduction ... and the "0"'s orientation would make a good Trivia question.:

Swingman

Drains nicely.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Very attractive. We live in a Deck House which takes a lot of inspiration from Wright's prarie style. That would like nice at our house too.

Reply to
Dick Snyder

I like it. It upholds that thing FLW always did. Bust the conventions in search of a more playful look. The convention that the 'o' is always a bit bigger that its neighbours, was handled FLW's way... make it smaller instead. His hits were always way bigger than his plentyful misses. I always admired the chances he took. "you can't get to second base and keep one foot on first."

r---> who has a huge library of FLW books. Him and Gropius... Mies...Klee...Piet.....

Reply to
Robatoy

used to work for Dominos Pizza and the Ann Arbor headquarters was FLW inspired. From the highway you'd see a single story and a wide, low roof. The building is actually three storys and houses a humungo refrigerator, dough factory, training facilities, museum(s), company stores and offices and a LOT of rental space.

If you surf over to the Smithsonian website you can look at a number of his sketches and so on.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

look here or there. This morning I went to look at the number frame and then saw the desk, a table, another table, the new kitchen, and on and on. Very impressive to say the least!

Joe Bemier

Thanks for the kind words, Joe.

Reply to
Swingman