Totally Guy Songs (warning-these lyrics may be offensive to women-but maybe not)

It's hard to believe that the Chick's Songs thread has run so hot.

Now I'd like to look at the other side.

My all time favorite is, "Her Strut", by good ole Bobby Seger.

Next up would be,"Simply Irresistable", by Robert Palmer.

"She's Always a Woman", by Billy Joel.

"Maybelline", by various and sundry (came from Ida Red).

"Your Cheatin' Heart", Hank.

"LA Woman", Doors.

"Don't Take Your Love To Town", (sorry, that was a joke).

"Stray Cat Blues", Stones. (it's no hangin' matter...)

"Factory Girl", Stones.

"Waiting For A Flatulent Girl", (can't remember)

"My Girl", Temps.

Rock On Brothers...

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

You know that is about LA, not about a woman?

Reply to
Toller

Diane Gardner.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Might I add "The Lemon Song" Led Zeppelin (Willie Dixon deserves credit and got it in Court)

Mark

Markem

J. Cash

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Listen to the song; not what foolish people say about it.

Reply to
Toller

"She came runnin' down the mountain doin' ninety miles an hour

When the chain on her bicycle broke..."

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

You should have got the joke by now.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

A very strong list, brother Watson. Thou doth omitteth the following:

I'm Your Man- Leonard Cohen. Closing Time- Leonard Cohen Paradise- John Prine Long Black Veil - Dave Matthews Band Shattered- Rolling Stones Human Cannon Ball- Butthole Surfers What A Wonderful World - Ramones Boston (The whole frickin' album)- Boston

Reply to
Robatoy

I'm disappointed none of the UK folks have mentioned some Ivor Biggun songs, like "Bras on 45", "No! No! No!", or "The Son of John Thomas Allcock".

Reply to
Michael White

You got to include the Boss - Born to Run, Thunder Road ('You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright'), E-street Shuffle ('Little Angel steps the shuffle like she ain't got no brains') Many, many more

George Thorogood/John Lee Hooker - One bourbon, One shot, One Beer

Most anything from ZZ Top - La Grange, Legs, . .

How about Frank Zappa - I don't know many women who appreciate the humor in Dynamo Hum

Rich

Reply to
Richk

"It's Hard to Kiss The Lips At Night" (that chew your a-- out all day long) Notorious Cherry Bombs; AKA Vince Gill, Rodney Crowell

Reply to
Bill Hall

One of us doesn't have much of a sense of humor. I will be open minded enough to allow it might be me.

Reply to
Toller

Now that's a gooder.

There are a few more shit kickers on my list, but Hank is still on top of the list.

Then there is the non C/W, popular music market.

After Sinatra, who's left.

Joe Williams and Tony Bennett while quite good in their own right, come in a distant 2nd.

Then there is the folk market.

Most are groups although Pete Seeger did some solo work.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

That's "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer"

Reply to
George Max

"Good Old Boys Like Me" - Don Williams "Pick-Up Man" - Joe Diffie "Country Boy Can Survive" - Bocephus

I was thinking the other day that I never hear car songs like the Beach Boys and Jan and Dean did back in the early sixties. I guess it's hard to be very lyrical about a Honda Civic.

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Olebiker

"He was slippin' down that slope doin' 90 miles and hour when a mogul flipped him in the air..."

That one's by the late Bob Gibson, sung by the Chad Mitchell Trio in the early 60s. I'll bet it's the same melody.

"His jumpin' form was fine until he ran into that pine and two one-legged skiers left from there."

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Dead skunk in the middle of the road.

Reply to
Leon

Jeez, thanks Toller. We're so grateful.

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Boston, yeah. I learned about them from my son and got to like them a bunch. Too bad they committed careericide by waiting two years to bring out their second album.

Reply to
Bob Schmall