Maybe not a gloat, but definitely a neener!

I was perusing my friendly big internet classifieds which I do regularly with no success, until today. I've been on the lookout for a drill press, band saw, and lathe, but not in a big enough hurry to buy one new. I've been in "if it looks like a deal, I'll get it" mode. Well, today, I ran across an ad for a Delta 16" floor stand drill press for $150. So, I go take a look. A *very* nice older woman (I'm guessing 70-ish) met me at her garage at the condo. She told me she was storing some stuff for her son. She doesn't know a drill press from a hamburger press, but says she thinks it's in the back. I go take a look and sure enough, it's as advertised. Right next to it is a 14" Jet open stand band saw. I ask if it's for sale. She looks at the piece of paper that her son gave her and finds "band saw" and tells me it's $190. I look, too, to make sure she's reading it right (don't want to be taking advantage of any widder' women) and that's what was written. I hadn't seen it in the classifieds and she told me that they put it in the wrong spot and that she needs to call them to have it changed. I told her not to bother becaise I would take them both for $340, but I would have to come back to pick them up. On my way out, I saw (I'm not a plane expert, mind you) what appeared to be a #7 Bailey (I'd estimate it to be about 15" long). Also a Leigh dovetail jig, a small lathe, router, and numerous other odds and ends. When I talk to the son, I need to find out what else he's unloading.

If the Cubs can just hold on (4-1 top of the 9th), it's going to be a very good day.

todd

Reply to
todd

"todd"

Don't bother. I already paid for the other stuff, just have to pick it up. Oh, I lost the address. yeah, that's it, I lost the address. Could you give it to me please? And the phone number. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'd say your day just got a lot better then...I can hear the choking noises sitting in my house about 45 minutes northeast of Atlanta :) I think the slogan for the Braves next year should be "Atlanta Braves...we're the Buffalo Bills of baseball!"

At least we have a football team...err...ok, at least we have a basketball team...uh...hockey team? Damn!

Rob

Rob Walters

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:05:21 -0400, "Rob Walters" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

girls field hockey?

lol just tryin to help

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

I'll take the Leigh and a 6-8" jointer, if ya got. Seriously. Ping me.

And Go Cubbies!

Bob Brewers fan

Reply to
Bob Schmall