Best Grooves

OBWW

Her Strut - Bob Seger.

Money For Nothing - Dire Straits.

All She Wants To Do Is Dance - Don Henley.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Ida Red - Bob Wills (don't worry about the age)

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Come to Realize - Ronnie Wood/"Gimme Some Neck" (this whole album is great) Sympathy for The Devil - Rolling Stones (Woo Woo....) U.S. Blues - THe Harshed Mellows (off "Deadicated")

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

What A Wonderful World- Ramones

Don't Get Me Wrong- Pretenders

Claire- Rheostatics

Running Down A Dream- Tom Petty

Reply to
Robatoy

Walk On the Wild Side - Lou Reed.

Heroin - Lou Reed.

Waiting For My Man - Lou Reed.

(and, if I may take this opportunity to say, f*ok nico.)

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Woke Up This Morning - Alabama 3

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)- The Arcade Fire

Dangerous Mood- Keb' Mo'

Killamangiro- Babyshambles

Is You Is or Is You Ain't- BB King & Dr. John

Making Contact- Bruce Cockburn

Panic In Detroit- David Bowie

Touch Of Grey- The Grateful dead

Little Sister- Queens Of The Stone Age

...from 'Most Recent' on my iTunes.

Robatoy

NEW: Radiohead, Creep

Reply to
Joe Bemier

Green Onions - Booker T. And the MG's

Matchbox - Jonny Lang

Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 - J.S. Bach

You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon

Puttin' On the Ritz - Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen

Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaugn and Double Trouble

She Took The Katy - Blues Brother's

Rad Gumbo - Little Feat

Reply to
Swingman

Three Little Pigs - Green Jelly Screamin' for Vengeance - Judas Priest Impression that I get - Mighty Bosstones What is Hip? - Tower of Power Two Step - Dave Matthews Princess of the Dawn - Accept Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden Duane's Tune - Dickey Betts Band Fire Woman - Cult Precious Declaration - Collective Soul

And most of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's or Gary Hoey's catalogs...

Reply to
B A R R Y

Cajun Girl!!!!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Yeah buddy!!

Reply to
Swingman

I have been accused of an eclectic taste in music before, but most of my friends call it a bit differently: this dude listens to anything. I think it was Glen Miller who said: "If it sounds good, it is good." I love a good riff as much as the next guy, but it still needs to sound like music, complex bullshiat for the sake of complexity turns me off. But if I zoom back and take a look at the big picture, only a few really stand out as all-around favourites. That list isn't that long:

All Cohen stuff:

Closing Time I'm Your Man Everybody Knows The Future Anthem and Cohen's version of a song that Tom mentioned: Woke Up This Morning. Oh.. and Bono's version of Halleluja and, and, Jennifer Warnes' First we Take Manhattan...oh..and Famous Blue Raincoat

and, of course, The B 52's version of The Flintstones Theme. (What a great movie.. who can forget Elizabeth Taylor as the mother in law.. Rosie O'Donnell as Betty...Rick Moranis as Barney..just a great cast all around.

Will you look at this.. in my CD player in my wife's office...MY CD...Manhattan Transfer's Birdland.

Now, suddenly I'm in the mood for some Hollies... no wait.. Ricky Skaggs?...no..Tori Amos..no okay, *hits shuffle*

Robatoy

Know the feeling ... 7712 of my _favorite_ tunes on my iPod at last count.

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" wrote in news:RvmdnZTxtd7xk_7YnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

It's _great_ knowing I'm not alone!

Patriarch, adding in some GF Handel, too...

Reply to
Patriarch

How Lucky - Indigo Swing Ding Dong Daddy of the D-Car Line -- Cherry Poppin' Daddies High Mas -- Carribean Carnival Turn It Around -- Carribean Carnival A Woman's Lament - Lifescapes - Ireland A Year Ago -- Kenny G Higher Connection -- Pepino D'Agostino (Close to the Heart) One For My Baby (And One More For the Road) -- Frank Sinatra Rain On Christmas -- David Sanborn Blackberry Blossum -- Picks & Sticks Stringband Cats Got The Measles -- Cathy Fink Rachel -- Rich Kowalewski, Robert Tye (Brazil Limited Edition) Something That We Do -- Clint Black (a love song that'll take you from that first kiss to that final 'so-long'" Half The Man -- Clint Black She's Got the Rhythm (I Got The Blues) -- Alan Jackson She Thinks His Name Was John -- Reba McEntire Where You End and I Begin -- Reba It's All Right To Be A Redneck -- Alan Jackson He Gets From Me -- Reba Winter Dreams -- Robert Haig Coxon Jr. Midnight Confessions -- The Grass Roots End of the World -- Skeeter Davis Obscured By Clouds -- Pink Floyd Axel F -- Harold Faltmeyer Rock & Roll Me Again -- The System Come Up The Years -- Jefferson Airplane Sound -- James (Seven) Thick As A Brick -- Jethro Tull My Boyfriends Back -- The Chiffons Pressure -- The Kinks Low Budget -- The Kinks On The Dark Side -- John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band The New Girl In School -- Jan & Dean Run, Baby Run -- Sheryl Crowe Lady Jane -- The Rolling Stones Sleep To Dream -- Fiona Apple Sometimes Love Just Aint Enough -- Patty Smith Wipe Out -- The Surfaris Pipeline -- The Routers (Hey ...a woodowrking connection!) Steven -- Alice Cooper When A Man Loves a Woman -- Michael Bolton Cigarette In The Rain -- Randy Crawford Amazing Grace -- Carlos Nakai The Hunt -- Mickey Hart

Enough already ... there are hundreds more. I grew up with Glen Miller, Tommy Dorsey etc and ALSO The Beatles ... lot of fabulous music. There isn't much of the current lot that I care to listen to and even less that I care to own.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

Am I the only one in here thinking it would be a discussion on Routers vs Dado blades vs planes?

Anyways, I have a mix of Eagles, Steely Dan, Daft Punk, Blumchen, and They Might Be Giants in my workshop music player.

Reply to
N Hurst