volume

Is everyone on vacation? Postings have gone from over 150-300 a day down to 50-100 a day. I suspected my news server so went to Google to see how many articles they had - same thing. Was ist los?

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Larry Blanchard wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm:

Yeah, it's been quieter than normal. I think some of the political discussion is partially responsible. In a week or two people will head out to their shops to once again use a few "dolls" in their "draw" making.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Watz a vacation??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

We were hiding from you. Most switched over to Vito's group.

Reply to
RayV

LOL. Coffee all over the keyboard. Thanks.

D.G. Adams

Reply to
dgadams

So far for the month thinks seem to be tracking the last year or so.

It does appear that Leon's been slackin' off though. ;-)

See:

Nova

Maybe the MiI5 guy died.

Pete Stanaitis

----------

Larry Blanchard wrote:

Reply to
spaco

all ist das undagaboten ist los ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

Now _THAT_ was a classic!

Reply to
B A R R Y

It's not just here, I've notived it in the bbq group, as well as the L.A. Dodger's group, even the home repair group (which is REALLY active). There's a lot of overlap between this group and those.

My wife says the same thing about her groups. And my girlfriend says volume is down in her groups, and her grilfriend says it about hers.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

=2E...everybody has suddenly become so serious in here too....*whasup?*

Reply to
Robatoy

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Reply to
Zz Yzx

We all need to eat more ketchup. It has mellowing agents. apologies to G. Keillor jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Z, I see you over on the BBQ group. This one hasn't been too bad lately, but you know over there, you say one thing that goes against the group collective's accepted way of doing things and you get shit blasted to another planet.

Pretty good set of bullies and know it alls over there, and some of the other groups as well right now. I think it is ridiculous that someone has to post with an apology in front of their question for it not being worthy item of interest, but that is what seems to be happening more and more on a lot of venues. Look at the response you got there when you top posted - you would have thought you boiled ribs before smoking!

I have noticed too, that on this ng after a long dust up about politics, the economy and religion (someway they seem to get intertwined) , it gets to be too tedious to hang around here for some digging through the chaff. Sometimes those folks come back, sometimes they don't. I like the unmoderated format, but let's face it, there are a lot more friendly places to be than a newsgroup.

I have to admit, I remember keeping count on the replies to the threads, and I remember a few things that really used to get people rushing to their keyboards in apoplectic fits - none of them really had too much to do with woodworking. You could type

Home Depot

or

I like Norm's work

or

What's wrong with Craftsman tools?

and the flood of liver bile and venom would fill the group. Gnashing of teeth, pounding on keyboards.... everyone had an opinion and a bitter experience to relate.

Now even those things are gone.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Better ketchup than duct tape.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

snip

What a garbage dump!!!!!.....I was trying to build a spiril staircase and all I could find was strait lumber, I asked one of those dumb-ass pimple faced clerks and he simply said "Duh!!!"

I suppose you get palpatations (nailshooter) when he uses a brad (nail) just until the glue drys.

When I was a kid thems were tools a kid would be proud of.......Thankfully the clerks at Sears have fewer pimples than at Home depot.

No wonder.... with half assed posts like yours...You made a list and left out Harbor Freight.... Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

Well, you got that right. No HD bash could be correct without mentioning some poor teenager's acne. It seems to be required, so I am glad you are sticking to group guidelines.

Thanks for the effort, Rod. ;^)

I don't know if it will actually stir anything up, but I do appreciate you hit on all three.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

you mean, like, satellite radio?

*drum roll*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Bell is on XM 165.. I don't get 165. One at the shop, one in my office, one in my car. XM.ca doesn't list

165. Bastards
Reply to
Robatoy