What Is "Jummywood"?

A quick DAGS didn't turn up anything resembling a botanical definition. Is this some sort of Aussie slang for Eucalyptus or something?

Reply to
J.

sigh...

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

A Google Groups search on rec.woodworking should turn up the answers. It's been covered here before.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Oh, I see. Sort of like the snow snakes that chase the mogul mice and which occasionally trip up the unwary skier. Yuk yuk. I might have caught on but for the lack of snow this year.

J.

Doug Miller wrote:

Reply to
J.

Wed, Jan 17, 2007, 9:48pm YouCanCallMe snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (J.) doth puzzledy query: A quick DAGS didn't turn up anything resembling a botanical definition. Is this some sort of Aussie slang for Eucalyptus or something?

Wonderful wood, I believe it may now be an endangered species, one reason you're having problems finding references to it. Happily it's not near as difficult to find as sapient pearwood - and nowhere near as expensive.

Try a slow DAGS next time. And, no, it's not Aussie slang.

JOAT A problem adequately stated is a problem well on its way to being solved.

- R. Buckminster Fuller

Reply to
J T

Pine. ReNamed after Jim McNamara.

Reply to
Leon

How long you been around these parts? Not long, I'd guess! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Every now and then a tip catchs on something. Snow snakes? Learn something new every day.

Reply to
Bewildered

Mattress Mac???

Reply to
Roy

Uh oh. You've called all the old farts out from their hiding spots. We gotta start drawing outlines around em so it doesn't take so long to get them back in their places.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Hah! No kidding. By gawd, I remember when the wreck was the wreck.... only a few played here.... all experts and "in the know"... and we liked it that way! Now anyone can post here, and some don't seem to be "in the know" at all... no respect...

Hey... you kids get outta my yard right now or you'll hear from ol' Betsy!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

The Cabal has dispatched a "team".

RUN!

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

There is no cabal. And even if there is, the team that doesn't exist will be there shortly, but there isn't, so they won't. Probably.

Reply to
Joe

There is also Pacific (or Western) Jummywood, AKA doug fir. mahalo, jo4hn (back from a stint on the bounding main)

Reply to
jo4hn