Subject Author Posted Replies

What's this possibly plumbing item
Anyone know what this is: or who makes/made them and where to get spares?
16
16

Weird! why is there no way to unscrew my basin waste?
I have a pop up waste (controlled as usual by a rod) on a bathroom basin that I was hoping to change to a sprung waste, cos the pop up thingie no longer works. BUT having removed the rod and basin...
14
14

OT: accessing old emails from UKLinux
In the dark days of 56K modems and tenner-a-month accounts I had an account with UK and out of interest I just tried to login but I don't think it exists any longer. I then tried $telnet 110 and it...
6
6

New Wheeler Dealers
You do know that he was already a very well known mechanic BEFORE he appeared on Wheeler Dealers, don't you?
42
42

5mm Sliding door seals
I'd like to replace the seal at the bottom of a curved sliding door. The door is 5mm thick glass and around long 700mm. The "tail is around 12mm long but the gap is just over 16mm so it could be...

LED indicator for 240V power
Just starting to work on the extractor hood fan that failed over Christmas. It is a LAM2502/3 as detailed here There is a 5 button control panel at the front of the hood. Light push on/push off...
9
9

Spare 13A switch in wall
In our kitchen, there are four electrical things all together. Dual 13A sockets, and two switches below, one with a neon and one just plain. Fine, except I can't work out at the moment what the second...
5
5

Old smoke alarms recycle ?
I have some old smoke alarms, is there any use for them or must i dump them, if so where to recycle them? [george]
10
10

Central Heating Circulator Pump
My pump has got noisy, it's 35 years old. I propose to replace it. I'm wary of circulator pumps in the £20-£40 range. Has anybody tried the CBS Intel 15-60 130, about £70, which claims to be A...
9
9

Mattress, which one?
Friends wants a new very firm mattress. or is £84.99, oddly cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this or other mat tress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm. NT
27
27

Electric Oven Temp Control
I've noticed that over the last couple of weeks, food has been coming out of our oven under-done. From time to time in the past I've used an infra- red laser/gun type device to check the dial temp...
3
3

Heating Oil Purity
Anyone know how much water is permitted in kerosene? I bought (just in case of emergency) two 20 litre gerry cans full of oil from a small independent supplier where I live and discovered quite by...
4
4

.jpg enlarge -Windows 10
This is a copy of the entire instruction manual for a carcam, just as supplied by the manufacturer. 8x pages of instruction, all of the pages on one side of an A4 sheet in a landscape of 4 x 2 grid....
4
4

Grid's a bit iffy
It's at 45GW and climbing - but we are 3 reactors down according to: Sizewell B is planned, but Hartlepool and Hunterston B both have 1/2 reactors tripped out and the latter is marked as "return on...
12
12

OT Bitcoin pyramid
BITCOIN Pyramid A lot of monkeys lived near a village. ??????? One day a merchant came t o the village to buy these monkeys!?????? ?? He announced that he will buy the monkeys @ $100 ea ch. ?? The...