Grid's a bit iffy

It's at 45GW and climbing - but we are 3 reactors down according to:

Sizewell B is planned, but Hartlepool and Hunterston B both have 1/2 reactors tripped out and the latter is marked as "return on 12th".

Reply to
Tim Watts

I prefer NP's Gridwatch.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Link?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Nah we have a reasonable amopiunt of spare capacity. Its not THAT cold this evening

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh googole it. Lots of me too sites all plastered with adverts

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And still all those turbines to repair after too much or the wrong type of wind. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Did Santa forget to bring a few sacks of wood-chips for the biomass power stations?

Reply to
Andy Burns

You may jest but that's not too far away from the reality

December 20, 2017

"Drax says it expects to take a £10m hit to earnings after problems in delivering biomass to its power station.

In a statement, the company said an ?unplanned? outage on rail unloading facilities had restricted deliveries and as a result, some of its power generation had been cut. Consequently, earnings before interest tax depreciation and amortisation are expected to be £10m lower than expected in 2017; the company made £121m in ebitda in the six months ending in June this year.

Repairs are due to be completed in January."

Reply to
The Other Mike

Perhaps we should go back to digging coal mines and then building a power s tation next to the mine.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Drax is IIRC pretty close to one of the few remaining UK coalmines but there isnt enough coal to meet its needs

The better solution would be to pump out old seams and set fire to them and use the hot gases to drive gas turbines with.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or you could just look at bmreports.com, unless you prefer to be spoonfed with dumbed-down BBC-style nonsense.

Reply to
Andrew

What nonsense is this to which you refer?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Should be OK now we have taken down our Christmas lights!

Reply to
Tim Lamb