Mattress, which one?

Friends wants a new very firm mattress. (Amazon.com product link shortened) -Orthopaedic-Memory-Mattress%2Fdp%2FB017K9IRK8%2Fref%3Dsr_1_22%3Fs%3Dkitche n%26ie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1515189811%26sr%3D1-22%26keywords%3Dkingsize%2520matt ress%2520firm%26refinements%3Dp_n_feature_browse-bin%253A2858867031&h=ATN 3y3TsLUTdwtPnzSJa6dnIHzer6A3PXCXUCOyd3wBHxSYeV9eo3-8Si3jm74pjSBwym0TkBqvatZ PWHZX9pIjhUwP274Daj9I3fMKrQv24yahdsPNNhnGYtr9rSCrFjvCITA or https://tinyurl.com/ybe3v3zn is £84.99, oddly cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this or other mat tress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.
NT

We wanted a proper mattress for the over cab bed in our motorhome- the supplied ones are ok but not for longer trips.
We opted for one from Ikea - about £100 from memory and (I think) King Size (they are available in King Size). Various grades are available- ours is a firm.
It is very comfortable- even on a hard under surface.
Don't be shocked by the way it is packed. I comes in a compressed roll but expands when you removed the plastic.

Yeah, noticed that with the Aldi ones. Havent been game to buy one tho.

Suspiciously cheap, and WTF is orthopaedic spring system.
On Saturday, 6 January 2018 16:05:29 UTC, newshound wrote:

Size-Orthopaedic-Memory-Mattress%2Fdp%2FB017K9IRK8%2Fref%3Dsr_1_22%3Fs%3Dki tchen%26ie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1515189811%26sr%3D1-22%26keywords%3Dkingsize%2520 mattress%2520firm%26refinements%3Dp_n_feature_browse-bin%253A2858867031&h =ATN3y3TsLUTdwtPnzSJa6dnIHzer6A3PXCXUCOyd3wBHxSYeV9eo3-8Si3jm74pjSBwym0Tk BqvatZPWHZX9pIjhUwP274Daj9I3fMKrQv24yahdsPNNhnGYtr9rSCrFjvCITA

mattress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.

well yes, hence I asked. Then again I wonder why most mattresses are so exp ensive.

open coil springs are cheapest so presumably that.
NT

But they use the term memory too.
"Our experience with Ikea mattresses is all positive. Our mattress lasted 1 8 months before the springs started sagging in the middle. Now we are looki ng for a new one researching https://sleepissimple.co.uk /. We haven't decid ed ob a particular option, but we know for sure we will NEVER buy an ikea matteress again."
On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 21:12:46 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

like their furniture then spam snipped
NT

Why would anyone ever buy a mattress with springs? One person wiggles a toe, and the springing causes the other person to bounce around. I've had the same dense foam mattress for the last 38 years and it's basically as good as new. And if SWMBO moves around (she's a bit of a fidget) I don't notice it.
We've taken to asking for twin beds in hotels because sprung mattresses are so hopeless.
On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 14:33:19 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Answer to the original question is http://www.sleepeezee.co.uk/collection
bought from https://www.mattressonline.co.uk/Shop/Pocket-Sprung-Mattresses-C139/ They have a 30% off offer ATM The more pockets the better/more comfortable the mattress. I'm no lightweight. Our double mattress is more than 25 years old.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

I'd have thought that was probably faulty. Mattresses unless used as trampolines last at least 4 or five years even under strong use. I'll not suggest what strong use is here. Brian
--
----- -

The life of a mattress depends on the weight of the user too
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 13:02:14 +0100, Martin wrote:

I must admit, that was the *very first* thought that occurred to me when I read the OP.
--
Johnny B Good

Are there any other such basic products with such a wide price range? And every single one being sold at a 'discount'. The full price markup over manufacturing costs must be phenomenal.
--
*How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink? *

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 14:05:42 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

Lots of food and drink products in supermarkets
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Really? I've seen mattresses from about 60-3000 quid. But never apples with that sort of price spread.
--
*Just give me chocolate and nobody gets hurt

On Wednesday, 14 February 2018 14:56:08 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
And

Fizzy drinks run from 17p to over £2 a bottle. If you've been to Waitr ose you know food does range from 60p to £300 per meal, almost.
NT

Go in at 6PM Mon to Friday and computer automatically reduces the prices of things like lemon yum-yums and assorted bread products even if the shelf tickets have not been updated.
On Wednesday, 14 February 2018 16:24:22 UTC, Andrew wrote:

00 per meal, almost.

reduces them to what? and what things? and why?

To powder of course! What else?
--
"It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of