Mattress, which one?

Friends wants a new very firm mattress.

or
is £84.99, oddly cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this or other mat tress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

We wanted a proper mattress for the over cab bed in our motorhome- the supplied ones are ok but not for longer trips.

We opted for one from Ikea - about £100 from memory and (I think) King Size (they are available in King Size). Various grades are available- ours is a firm.

It is very comfortable- even on a hard under surface.

Don't be shocked by the way it is packed. I comes in a compressed roll but expands when you removed the plastic.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Suspiciously cheap, and WTF is orthopaedic spring system.

Reply to
newshound

mattress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.

well yes, hence I asked. Then again I wonder why most mattresses are so exp ensive.

open coil springs are cheapest so presumably that.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

But they use the term memory too.

Reply to
newshound

"Our experience with Ikea mattresses is all positive. Our mattress lasted 1

8 months before the springs started sagging in the middle. Now we are looki ng for a new one researching
We haven't decid ed ob a particular option, but we know for sure we will NEVER buy an ikea matteress again."
Reply to
tetianashpek

attress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.

I like my Silentnight memory foam mattress, it's very comfortable. But = if you're fussy, they're shit at measuring, it's 2 inches narrower than = the frame so it can slide a bit. When I complained they seem to think t= hat was an acceptable margin of error!

-- =

Women are like a pack of cards... you need a heart to love them, diamond= s to marry them, a club to kill them and a spade to bury them.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

like their furniture then spam snipped

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I'd have thought that was probably faulty. Mattresses unless used as trampolines last at least 4 or five years even under strong use. I'll not suggest what strong use is here. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Why would anyone ever buy a mattress with springs? One person wiggles a toe, and the springing causes the other person to bounce around. I've had the same dense foam mattress for the last 38 years and it's basically as good as new. And if SWMBO moves around (she's a bit of a fidget) I don't notice it.

We've taken to asking for twin beds in hotels because sprung mattresses are so hopeless.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The life of a mattress depends on the weight of the user too

Reply to
Martin

Answer to the original question is

bought from

They have a 30% off offer ATM The more pockets the better/more comfortable the mattress. I'm no lightweight. Our double mattress is more than 25 years old.

Reply to
Martin

I must admit, that was the *very first* thought that occurred to me when I read the OP.

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Are there any other such basic products with such a wide price range? And every single one being sold at a 'discount'. The full price markup over manufacturing costs must be phenomenal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Lots of food and drink products in supermarkets

Reply to
Martin

I brought my not inconsiderable weight to bear on the problem.

Reply to
Martin

Really? I've seen mattresses from about 60-3000 quid. But never apples with that sort of price spread.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Fizzy drinks run from 17p to over £2 a bottle. If you've been to Waitr ose you know food does range from 60p to £300 per meal, almost.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The same make and type of mattress? You'd have done better using cars as an example

Reply to
Martin

the new Apples start at over £4k but they do have 8 cores ;-)

I've seen wine and whisky with a wider range of prices.

Reply to
whisky-dave