Can I place my mattress above my radiator?

Can I loft my bed above my radiator without fear of it catching on fire? It will be barely touching, but not completely avoiding it.

Reply to
Tl

Beds are not pants. there is no risk;

Or there could be.

It all terribly complicated, and depends on whether your radiators glow red hot or not, and how many miles above them your bed ends up.

Reply to
Tjoepstil

I'd not want to do that myself. Not sure its actually going to be unsafe but seems to me that its going to get bloody hot and so will anything lying on it. What sort of radiator? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Exactly:

Wet central heating radiator - do what you like, cover, nothing can catch fire and it can never overheat.

Electric? Then don't cover.

Reply to
Tim Watts

It depends on what the OP considers to be a radiator - it could be a 3 bar radiant electric fire.

Reply to
alan_m

While I agree there's no fire risk, there is some advice not to expose a memory foam mattress to the sort of temperatures it might reach over a wet radiator, especially one with high water temperature.

Reply to
Robin