strange mattress

A couple days ago in the trash I saw a mattress, thinner than usual, maybe for a sofa bed (because it had a metal handle at the bottom end), maybe queen size, split down the middle at the top 18 or so inches, I guess so one side can recline while the other sits up.

But what made it interesting is it had two metal boxes half-way down, about the size of a 2-gang box, inside of both of which were 4 wire connectors totalling about 10 wires, 5 metal tab transistors (usually power or output stage), and several IC's.

There were also two empty sections "dug" out of the mattress farther up and closer to the center. I don't know what was in them.

Do you know what I was looking at? If it was only to be warm or vibrate it shouldnt' have needed all these parts. What else do sofas and mattresses do these days?

Perhaps this was meant to be the seats in Mars launch craft, and they were stolen from Wallops Island, not far away? If so, I should return it, or at least call them.

Reply to
Micky

Oren posted for all of us...

From crack to h