fitted bedsheets for 140 x 200 cm IKEA mattress

I recently bought an IKEA mattress, 140 x 200 cm. I need to buy a good quality fitted bedsheet for this mattress.
I phoned Debenhams, and they said they did not supply this size, and suggested a King size fitted bedsheet, 152 x 200 cm. This is not quite what I want.
I could buy one from IKEA for 15 GBP. Frankly, I would like a more expensive and better quality bedsheet.
Is it safe to buy the low priced one from IKEA? Is it right to reject Debenhams which is the wrong size? Are there other retailers, online or in real life, who could have a better product than IKEA?
tyvm
On Sunday, 28 May 2017 18:00:52 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@ms.com wrote:

Buy the Debenhams one and take in the excess with staples or wunda-web?
Owain

Or get real radical and use a sewing machine.

no, don't take it in with staples.
They will pull at the weft and fall out
(and yes, I do know you were joking - um I think)
tim

IME you can't get decent ones for IKEA beds in this country. Wait til your next trip to France or Switzerland and get them then.
--
"If you're not able to ask questions and deal with the answers without feeling
that someone has called your intelligence or competence into question, don't

I don't plan to travel there in the near future.
Would Amazon (.co.uk) be likely to stock good quality bedsheets for the IKEA mattress?
Any other web purchase options supplied from other countries?

These klods:
<http://www.laredoute.co.uk
In their fitted sheets section have a size called "Long Euro Double which is 140 x 200. Have a look there.
I bought some "stretch jersey" sheets from them. These sheets are a useful concept in that you have to stretch them over the mattress, so they don't need ironing and they don't crinkle up during use. When I was living in Switzerland such sheets were a staple item in any department store bedding section, and were much better made than the LaRedoute ones which don't wrap underneath the mattress far enough. But I don't know anywhere that sells Euro sizes (apart from IKEA of course).
--
"It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
Tim Streater wrote:

I find that adjusting my perception easily deals with any question of ironing sheets!
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

laredoute has "Fitted Sheets - Plain & Printed 4 products"
prices betweeb 17 GBP and 21 GBP.
Is this actually any better than IKEA's;
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/textiles-rugs/bedlinen/sömntuta-fitted-sheet-white-art-80314488/
which costs £ 20 ?
The IKEA mattress specifies;
"Fits mattresses with a thickness up to 26 cm since the fitted sheet has elastic edging"
which is good for my 25 cm mattress.
Also "400 thread count".
Basically I am thniking about the IKEA mattress, and whether the other options are any better.

Yep, the european amazons.
snipped-for-privacy@ms.com escribió:

I don't get this.
You bought a cheap shitty IKEA mattress in a Euro size, refuse to buy a cheap shitty Ikea bedsheet to go with your cheap shitty mattress, now you're whinging that British-size bedsheets won't fit your cheap shitty Euro-mattress?
ffs.
--
(\_/)
escribió:

at up to 540 pounds I don't consider that all Ikea mattresses are cheap and shitty
tim

as was said by the Bishop at our daughter's ordination service:" 60% of European children are conceived in an IKEA bed - must be sa pretty big bed!"
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Here is the mattress, costing £ 540;
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/mattresses/mattresses-toppers/hesseng-pocket-sprung-mattress-firm-natural-colour-art-10258730/
The mattress is fine. I deliberately chose an expensive mattress for greater longevity/comfort/whatever.
I would like to buy a quality bedsheet. I don't see anything easily purchasable which is better than;
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/textiles-rugs/bedlinen/sömntuta-fitted-sheet-white-art-80314488/
at £ 20.
I can't remember why I chose a Euro size. Obviously it would be better to buy a standard double or whatever.

OK then, expensive and shitty.
Ikea stuff is basically disposable, designed to last a couple of years. Furniture in particular rarely survives a house move.
If you buy it with that in mind you won't go far wrong.
--
(\_/)

daughter 2 has had some IKEA stuff survive 2 house moves
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

My bed and mattress, not bought from Ikea, has survived 6 house moves, one abroad.
So?
--
(\_/)
On Mon, 29 May 2017 12:40:11 +0100, Mike Tomlinson

I believe IKEA mattresses are warrantied for 25 years, providing you keep the receipt. I had the older, cheaper mattress, which broke, and they let me upgrade to the new, costlier version, for extra GBP.
On Mon, 29 May 2017 12:04:37 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Ikea matress that I bought has a 25-year warranty - mind you, it also recommends changing it every 10 years! I wanted to get a 2m one as it gives me a bit of head/foot room.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
PeterC wrote:

I've just replaced my 19 year old one. I like the extra length, and went for 160 width.
We had a strange afternoon at IKEA investigating the candidates, with various combinations of topper.
We looked at the one with natural materials that Tim has bought, and nearly chose it, but in the end much preferred the comfort of:
<http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/mattresses/mattresses-toppers/hokk%C3%A5sen-pocket-sprung-mattress-medium-firm-white-art-70301702/> <http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/mattresses/mattresses-toppers/tromsdalen-mattress-topper-natural-colour-art-40304009/>
I have found sheets in M&S that fit well.
Chris