fitted bedsheets for 140 x 200 cm IKEA mattress

I recently bought an IKEA mattress, 140 x 200 cm. I need to buy a good quality fitted bedsheet for this mattress.

I phoned Debenhams, and they said they did not supply this size, and suggested a King size fitted bedsheet, 152 x 200 cm. This is not quite what I want.

I could buy one from IKEA for 15 GBP. Frankly, I would like a more expensive and better quality bedsheet.

Is it safe to buy the low priced one from IKEA? Is it right to reject Debenhams which is the wrong size? Are there other retailers, online or in real life, who could have a better product than IKEA?

tyvm

Reply to
nospam

Buy the Debenhams one and take in the excess with staples or wunda-web?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

IME you can't get decent ones for IKEA beds in this country. Wait til your next trip to France or Switzerland and get them then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I don't plan to travel there in the near future.

Would Amazon (.co.uk) be likely to stock good quality bedsheets for the IKEA mattress?

Any other web purchase options supplied from other countries?

Reply to
nospam

These klods:

In their fitted sheets section have a size called "Long Euro Double which is 140 x 200. Have a look there.

I bought some "stretch jersey" sheets from them. These sheets are a useful concept in that you have to stretch them over the mattress, so they don't need ironing and they don't crinkle up during use. When I was living in Switzerland such sheets were a staple item in any department store bedding section, and were much better made than the LaRedoute ones which don't wrap underneath the mattress far enough. But I don't know anywhere that sells Euro sizes (apart from IKEA of course).

Reply to
Tim Streater

I find that adjusting my perception easily deals with any question of ironing sheets!

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

no, don't take it in with staples.

They will pull at the weft and fall out

(and yes, I do know you were joking - um I think)

tim

Reply to
tim...

laredoute has "Fitted Sheets - Plain & Printed 4 products"

prices betweeb 17 GBP and 21 GBP.

Is this actually any better than IKEA's;

which costs £ 20 ?

The IKEA mattress specifies;

"Fits mattresses with a thickness up to 26 cm since the fitted sheet has elastic edging"

which is good for my 25 cm mattress.

Also "400 thread count".

Basically I am thniking about the IKEA mattress, and whether the other options are any better.

Reply to
nospam

En el artículo , snipped-for-privacy@ms.com escribió:

I don't get this.

You bought a cheap shitty IKEA mattress in a Euro size, refuse to buy a cheap shitty Ikea bedsheet to go with your cheap shitty mattress, now you're whinging that British-size bedsheets won't fit your cheap shitty Euro-mattress?

ffs.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

at up to 540 pounds I don't consider that all Ikea mattresses are cheap and shitty

tim

Reply to
tim...

It didn't take much Googling to find these -

Based in Brighouse Yorkshire

Two qualities; best ?52 for 400TPI Egyptian cotton

The website is so slick it might be worth checking any online reviews before ordering.

michael adams

michael adams

as was said by the Bishop at our daughter's ordination service:" 60% of European children are conceived in an IKEA bed - must be sa pretty big bed!"

Reply to
charles

Here is the mattress, costing £ 540;

The mattress is fine. I deliberately chose an expensive mattress for greater longevity/comfort/whatever.

I would like to buy a quality bedsheet. I don't see anything easily purchasable which is better than;

at £ 20.

I can't remember why I chose a Euro size. Obviously it would be better to buy a standard double or whatever.

Reply to
nospam

says;

"The thread count is the number of threads in a square inch of fabric. This is achieved by measuring the number of threads in the Warp (length) and the weft (width). The most popular cottons will be around

150, while good quality sheets will start at 180. Anything 200 and above brings you into the luxury range"

whereas;

has "400 thread count."

I think the above IKEA fitted sheet is a winner.

Reply to
nospam

IKEA beds/mattresses are in a "Euro" size, the only UK suppliers of which which are ... IKEA, AFAIAA.

Maybe some European sites would be cheaper (a) if they ship to the UK, and (b) if the P&P isn't too exorbitant.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Where exactly ?

Fitted sheet S?MNTUTAWhite ?20

140x200 cm

Article no: 803.144.88

The price reflects selected options

View more product information Feels crisp and cool against your skin as it?s made of cotton percale, densely woven from fine yarn.

SIZE 140x200 cm 160x200 cm 90x200 cm Double King Single Super king140x200 cm

a.. Key features b.. Good to know c.. Environment & materials d.. Assembly Instructions / Documents Key features a.. Feels crisp and cool against your skin as it's made of cotton percale, densely woven from fine yarn. b.. Extra soft and durable quality since the bedlinen is densely woven from fine yarn. c.. Fits mattresses with a thickness up to 26 cm since the fitted sheet has elastic edging. Assembled size Length:

200 cm Width: 140 cm Package size & weight

Fitted sheet S?MNTUTA Article no:

803.144.88 Package : 1 Length: 28 cm Width: 15 cm Height: 7 cm Weight: 0.71 kg Weight: 0.70 kg Volume per package: 2.6 l

??

michael adams

Reply to
michael adams

En el artículo , tim... escribió:

OK then, expensive and shitty.

Ikea stuff is basically disposable, designed to last a couple of years. Furniture in particular rarely survives a house move.

If you buy it with that in mind you won't go far wrong.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

daughter 2 has had some IKEA stuff survive 2 house moves

Reply to
charles

En el artículo , charles escribió:

My bed and mattress, not bought from Ikea, has survived 6 house moves, one abroad.

So?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

features; "100% Egyptian Cotton Percale 400 Thread Count"

"Long Euro Double 140x200 extra deep fitted sheet 4ft 7" x 6ft 6" (140 x 200cm) + 15" (38cm) depth White £52.00

Light Cream £52.00 "

This is the only "400 Thread Count" which bedlinen do in this size.

I don't see that this is better than;

which has;

"Good to know

400 thread count. Thread count indicates the number of threads per square inch of fabric. The higher the thread count the more densely woven the fabric. Available in several sizes"

at a cost of £ 20.

Reply to
nospam