fitted bedsheets for 140 x 200 cm IKEA mattress

"good to know"

tim

Reply to
tim...

I believe IKEA mattresses are warrantied for 25 years, providing you keep the receipt. I had the older, cheaper mattress, which broke, and they let me upgrade to the new, costlier version, for extra GBP.

Reply to
nospam

I had a look at;

specifically;

W140 x L200cm

300 thread count £ 24.00

Does Habitat generallly have a better opinion than IKEA? I don't see much difference between this Habitat fitted sheet, and the one from IKEA;

The prices and specifications are almost the same.

IKEA or Habitat?

Reply to
nospam

Ikea matress that I bought has a 25-year warranty - mind you, it also recommends changing it every 10 years! I wanted to get a 2m one as it gives me a bit of head/foot room.

Reply to
PeterC

I've just replaced my 19 year old one. I like the extra length, and went for 160 width.

We had a strange afternoon at IKEA investigating the candidates, with various combinations of topper.

We looked at the one with natural materials that Tim has bought, and nearly chose it, but in the end much preferred the comfort of:

I have found sheets in M&S that fit well.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

This is total c*ck. I have an IKEA double bed in bought in Switzerland in 1980. Since then it has moved to California and back to the UK. It has been disassembled and reassembled a dozen times or so, at least.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Just to verify; is it safe to buy an IJEA bedsheet, or should I opt for Habitat or other retailer? ty

Reply to
nospam

Search me. I've never bought an IKEA sheet.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I brought mine about 7 years ago £400 didnlt think it was cheap. My argos standard sheets do fit, a bit of a stretch but they do just about fit. About once a week perhaps one corner gives up, so I just need to reala igned the mattress and sheet again and it's OK.

Reply to
whisky-dave

What your opinion of Habitat? There's been lots of anti IKEA sentiment on this thread, their offerings are similar to Habitat and at a similar price. Is the anti IKEA serious enough to try Habitat, are there only so many things which can go wrong with a bedsheet?

Reply to
nospam

FFS its a bedsheet - get a life and just buy one.

I do admire the way you are trolling though.

Reply to
Mark Allread

That's a new one to me, for sheets. I found that the Ikea ones ruck up; some old jersey, very stretchy ones are OK; some from Aldi are also OK (100% cotton jersey) are also OK but are obviously 'cheap' - I'd prefer to pay a couple of quid extra and have thicker sheets.

Reply to
PeterC

After a couple of months I blew the warranty on the bedframe and fitted 6 castors to it. Sod having a bed that's effectively fixed in place. Mine is against a wall on one side, so changing the linen was risky to my back.

Reply to
PeterC

Yes, I really am sad enough to obsess about bedsheets.

Just a quick question. Should I choose Habitat, or IKEA? Rather than asking here, should I just flip a coin?

Reply to
nospam

I'd opt for a referendum. :-) and like all such things' where there are just two outcomes you do a 'best of three' just like coin tossing.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I think you're an idiot

Reply to
Stuart Noble

The thread count is a red herring. Too fine and it feels like silk, not good in hot weather

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Though my sister thinks the same as him

"IKEA furniture is throw away stuff"

whether this also makes her an idiot, you decide

tim

Reply to
tim...

En el artículo , tim... escribió:

You've only got to go into the store and give a few piece of furniture a shove and see them wobble. I've got some, but I also have realistic expectations about how long it'll last. Most of it is built with crap like recycled cardboard/fibreboard.

For things like a bed and mattress which I expect to last, I go to John Lewis.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Stuart Noble escribió:

A cogent argument, elegantly expressed. I'm impressed.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson