Majco GC-550 gas fireplace

Friend of mine recently purchased a house with a gas fireplace. Per the unit label it is a Majco GC-550. Appears this might also be marketed as Vermont Castings, Majestic Products, or Ambient.

I've tried to find an appropriate installation/user manual.

Believe the parts breakdown is found here:

Problem is her fireplace has a rod on the left hand side not depicted above. Suspect it is either a damper or vent control. Nothing visible when trying to move it. Any ideas?

The Easy Flame remote is apparently dead. Changed the battery but the signal light fails to come on. I'm assuming that activates when sending but nothing. Can't find any source for online replacement remotes. Any ideas here?

Amazon does sell a remote;

but I am uncertain if this would be a one for one replacement. Or if another component might be necessary

Reply to
Chiefjim

Perhaps we can concentrate first on that control rod. Is that common on other gas fireplaces? Flue damping or air vent?

Reply to
Chiefjim