memory foam mattress

The wife just had to have a memory foam mattress. Now she's seen it she's not happy one little bit. No one told her it takes up to 72 hours to expand.

After 12 hours it's only six inches thick, it's supposed to be 8 inches.

Will this mattress actually expand to 8 inches?

One of the pillows is still flat, the other has expanded to about 2 inches.

When I measured the old mattress on the bed it seemed like an 8 inch, now it's off it's a ten inch. I wish we'd got the 12 inch instead.

The bed seems much lower to the floor now.

Reply to
David J

Never heard of that. My guess is they compress them to ship from China, but that should be the obligation of the store. We've bought three of them at different times and they were all ready to go.

You don't need the 12" Too heavy. We do like our for comfort. We bought adjustable beds too, best move ever.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

A young couple bought electric heating blanket, with dual controls. Some how one night the controls got reversed. She's cold and she keeps turning it up. He's hot, so he keeps turning it down.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I bought 2 of them, one for the RV (that was the test) and one for home (after the RV test) about 7 years ago. The expanded really fast, no waiting. I don't think, at the time, they came from China.

Reply to
Art Todesco

We used memory foam in a health care facility...they were compressed and sealed for shipping. The warning on the box said they needed to expand within a certain time...or the wouldn't expand completely. Just throwing that out there...

Reply to
bob_villain

Did it come in a vacuum packed bag? Ours arrived "fully expanded" -- though I think it's closer to 12-15 inches.

OTOH, the firmness takes a LONG time before it "wears in" to the "softness" you expect (floor models you may have tried have already achieved their targeted firm/softness so expect the one you receive to start out firmer)

All of the beds, here, are almost too high -- because of how much thicker, newer mattresses. I.e., if I sit (fully) on the bed, my feet dangle several inches above the floor.

Reply to
Don Y

24 hours and it's 6 1/2 inches thick. I put the pillows in the hot car. The one that started expanding has got up to 4 inches. The other one is still the same. 48 hours to go.
Reply to
David J

A young couple bought electric heating blanket, with dual controls. Some how one night the controls got reversed. She's cold and she keeps turning it up. He's hot, so he keeps turning it down.

Reply to
Tony944

Grow a pair and tell her to STFU.

Reply to
Mike Litterous

last night I flipped the mattress so the bottom side is up. It has a breathable mesh on the bottom. It must have done some good, it's a uniform 7 in thick now. The instructions don't indicate a specific orientation for maximum expansion.

One of the pillows has barely expanded, after putting it in the drier it's expanded an inch. The pillows are small and probably wouldn't be used much anyway.

The top of the mattress has a cooling jell section so we won't get to hot while sleeping. It looks like it'll be a comfortable mattress.

Tomorrow at noon will be 72 hours and will see how it is then.

Reply to
David J