What's this possibly plumbing item

Anyone know what this is:

or who makes/made them and where to get spares?

Reply to
Tim Streater

1950's vaping device?

Why would you need spares for an unknown item?

Reply to
Andy Burns

No idea, but how big is it?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

replying to Tim Streater, Jeremy Wormington wrote: Looks like a gas burner of a torch or similar

Reply to
Jeremy Wormington

Tim Streater used his keyboard to write :

My best guess, is that it replaces the plug in a sink, to provide an overflow at a set level.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Someone I know posted that pic on Twitter with the questions I asked in my OP. I've now asked him for size and normal location info.

Reply to
Tim Streater

you put tea leaves in the perforated end and stand it in your mug and pour over the hot water.

Reply to
critcher

Probably also need to know whether or not the ends are sealed, whether it opens at any of the joins and what, if anything, is inside it.

Reply to
Nightjar

A photo with either a £1 coin or a matchbox would give teh size.

Reply to
charles

I think it is a Vet tool. You ram it up a cows arse and light the end to burn off excess methane when a cow has guts ache.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

ho ho i like that

Reply to
critcher

That's what I thought too! For a *very* up-market butlers / belfast sink.

They are normally wood or perhaps ebonite, and just open at the top.

Reply to
newshound

So do I! Renewable energy, of course; perhaps to provide lighting for the milkmaids!

The silver plating is also consistent with environmentalists with more money than sense.

Reply to
newshound

Ha ha ha v. funny the lot of you :-)

Your responses will appear on Twitter soonest.

Meanwhile, my friend sez: "I should have been clearer - it's shower attachment but the hose bit has disappeared and I can't find out that fits this brand but I can't see any writing on it so no brand!"

Seems weird to me, I must say. But any useful feedback based on the above (the shower bit, not the horses arse bit) would be most helpful.

Reply to
Tim Streater

On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 17:02:04 GMT, Harry Bloomfield coalesced the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension...

I had such a device included in the photography kit I got for my 13th birthday. It was for washing prints. It didn't look much like the OPs picture though.

Reply to
Graham.

You fanatic Brexiteers aren't vary good at keeping track of facts are you?

Horse != Cow.

(except in some meat supply chains of course). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Where Remaoners can't tell the difference! :-)

Reply to
Fredxx