Subject Author Posted Replies

HP 2100 pickup Trick
For years I've had HP2100 laser printers dotted around. I think I have three at the moment. Cheap toner reasonable print quality and adequately fast for my needs. But they do get through the rubber...
3
3

Kent to be turned into giant lorry park full of rotting food
Department for transport claimed no link to EU withdrawal, but project is now called Operation Brock – or 'Brexit Operations Across Kent'
64
64

towel rail element timer
Anyone fitted one of these? 400w Chrome Thermostatic electric element towel rail Radiator conversion kit with timer My wife agrees that our towel rail is running much hotter than usual so I think its...
3
3

Dishwasher salt light started staying on.
5 year old dishwasher. Working fine (for now). As usual salt light came on (usually every 3 months). Topped up salt (as usual). Normally it takes a wash to get the light off. However this time the...
21
21

Arc fault detection devices
Following on from the thread on the 18th edition wiring regulations, does anyone have any comments on whether these devices are a good idea, or if they are more intended for industrial premises with...
15
15

Indestructible PZ and PH screwdriver bits?
And for mayhem: use a "yankee drill" with a flat screwdriver blade. The ratio of torque to pressure is fixed by the pitch of the leadscrew, and optimized so that the blade digs deep into wood, paint,...
10
10

OT Some great links from this site!
http://takimag.com/article/the_magical_world_of_african_journalism_jim_goad#axzz5MoDB0qXC

Smart Meters - the Telegraph's take
Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it. Nick Smart meters will allow energy firms to introduce "surge pricing", one of Britain's biggest gas and electric providers has...
65
65

uPVC 110mm pipe - cutting and handling Qs ...
We have a covered storm porch, with 5 upright steel poles. No problem with them. They have been covered in some sort of timbering, which is aged and weathered, and has stayed like that because I...
10
10

LR44 batteries - voltage
I bought some LR44 1.55v batteries on ebay for my Barclays Pin sentry card reader. They don't work! Using my digital multimeter the voltages of the 4 I tried are 0.471 1.30 1.43 1.47 What voltage...
35
35

Heatwave and apprentices
For the last week or so it has IMHO been quite warm. So why the hell are they turning up to work with jumpers on and only taking them off when it hits 25 deg? The older staff are in t shirts and...
5
5

OT: Project Fear. THIS DEFINITELY WILL NOT HAPPEN
As if the cash is available! Brexiters own goal again. After blowing billions on the stupid failed adventure, the idiots are now about to kill off their old and vulnerable. ROTFWL AB
5
5

Dead padlock?
Garden shed padlock is refusing to badge. It is (or at least looks like) one of these: Had it for 10+ years, giving it a quirt of WD40 every couple of years. In the last couple of months it was a bit...
14
14

Wasn't there a time...
...when the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, protected the gullible from quack products like this. Using this device will mean no more suffering from; night sweats, hot flushes, bloating...
20
20

OT: Greatest Songwriters
who needs lyrics ...... LISTEN FOR FREE/BUY HERE: Spotify:http://spoti.fi/2H69yUf iTunes:https://apple.co/2CXHNus Amazon:http://amzn.to/2FdbVIm Support me on Patreon!...