Subject Author Posted Replies

What a difference 48 hours makes to loft temperature
Have you tried them in the cellar ? AB
8
8

OT: I'm confused about gravity
Yesp. Just the sort of thing expected of you. Another quote that you dont even begin to understand
178
178

OT: the change in the weather as it affects my soul
The weather has changed, after a long and glorious period of sunshine. Trousers, not shorts. Boots, not sandals. Socks! A tee shirt! A waterproof to go outside! Why did it fill me with deep-seated...
11
11

extended warranties on electrical items
The new freezer came with an envelope containing the instructions and so forth. There was a large label on the bag: REGISTER NOW!" This would 'activate the free one year guarantee'. This seems to do...
84
84

Wiring regs 18th edition changes
I have added a summary of some of the changes in the 18th edition here: (not exhaustive - just a quick flick through!) Wiring regs history - DIYWiki
28
28

OT: Keyless ignition immobilisation?
Hi all, I think we had a thread around this a while back but I wasn't sure if this question was asked or how it was concluded (or if it can be). Basically it's around the question of can a keyless...
40
40

Diesel Van Fault
Hello, I have a 2002 Vauxhall combo van, a 1.7 DI diesel. Unfortunately I have bee n having trouble with it. I noticed it was occasionally loosing power for a fraction of a second when being driven. I...
9
9

Using a uk roofer in France
This is a copy of a post i put on a fb page. One of the responsees i got su ggested i ask thus group if this would be a problem. Bit of a long shot, due to the lead time of getting a French roofer, I...
6
6

how to build a shed in the 1970s
:)

DIY shaver batter changing?
I have a reasonable Remmington Shaver that works, beard cutting wise unlike their latest one does. Its a rotary. However it has now ceased to work on batteries unless you plug in the charger get it...
8
8

Gas, leccy and water changes. Who does what these days?
I'm in process of buying a house to split into flats. Currently there is a water meter in the street, and a gas and leccy meter inside the house. I'll need to get these supplies split and extra meters...
7
7

Bathroom sink light/shaver socket fixture
The one we have fitted now in our bathroom I use for electric toothbrush charging rather than a shaver. It is similar to this one (but is not this unit): The unit I have I got because the shaver...
7
7

Internety thingummies, question.
More on my friends Internet access issues, which I mentioned earlier.. He would seem to have several issues and is on Plusnet, which is BT supplied. 1. He seems to be reporting his Internet connection...
79
79

Smart meters - supply companies have the ability to remotely switch the supply off
Smart meters in 11 million British homes can be set to pre-payment and have to be kept topped up and paid in advance or their gas or power would be shut off.
16
16

Planning permission for house for family
Are there special planning permission rules applying where one wants to build a house for a fmaily member (child) on one's own land? We have a small-holding in an area where adding new houses is...
37
37