Hotpoint washing machine.

Natch...

Reply to
Jim K..

Do you have any white cotton shirts etc? Or are they all "chewing gum grey" now?! ;-)

Reply to
Jim K..

That's all I ever want or need to use, "Daily Quick" it's called on my machine, takes 39 minutes according to the display. I use less than half the recommended dose of powder too. The water here is as soft as it comes.

Reply to
Graham.

I use the container cap for the wash detergent and pour the conditioner into the dispenser tray thingy.

Washes fine, conditioner clearly gets into machine, but after the wash the conditioner compartment is full of water.

Not a life changing problem, but annoying.

Any ideas?

Reply to
TMH

Think I had this when I accidentally used that compartment., It was partially blocked with caked powder

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The conditioner compartment has a rounded cap over a tube, which forms a syphon, remove the cap and soak it in hot water to de-gunge it occasionally.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Remove the tray and clean the conditioner compartment, then clean it again. You can test the function as when you add water to the compartment there will become a point when the water starts to siphon and shouldn't stop until compartment is empty

John

Reply to
JohnW

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no load.

Reply to
ARW

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I am allowed to use the Quick Wash. Just not the other fancy washes.

Reply to
ARW

She looks after them for me.

Reply to
ARW

Do you use concentrated fabric softener? If so I found they clog the syphon after a while. Tried adding water after putting the conditioner in the machine. But that didn't work too well as it it didn't mix in the drawer. So we now keep an old bottle in which to dilute it (2 water to 1 conditioner) ready to use.

Mind you, this is with a washing machine that's 15 years old. More recent ones may cope better with 'gloop'.

Reply to
Robin

AFAIK the water is heated inside the drum. The detergent syphon only gets incoming cold water.

Unless yours is plumbed into the hot, of course.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Well the water is what transports it into the machine. My guess is that if you take it all to bits there is significant gunge in the pipework between drawer and drum. It looks like some kind of growth. No idea what is in conditioner, but maybe we have some new kind of mould that eats the stuff. I found the way forward is to thin the softener and store the extra needed each time in little containers and use that in the drawer and since the clean it seems to go much longer before it is all grotted up. I don't think its got much to do with the make, my old machine was a Service this one is a Panasonic and the same issues prevail, thankfully getting the drawer out is easier on the Panasonic and running brushes and chemicals to clean it all seems easier generally if a little messy! I would also like to know why all machines only use cold water these days.

Also who decided that everyone wants 2 million menus and no dials or buttons all operated on a touch screen to do the washing.they obviously have no experience of normal users. Luckily in simple mode the Panasonic still has a program and a spin dial with clicks. I also use the liquid washing stuff in those bio degradable balloons rather than powder or tablets as I make a mess with those! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Brian Gaff formulated the question :

That is because they use so little water these days, that hot fill has been found to be unnecessary. They usually waste a lot of hot water, until the hot water gets to them, both in the pipe and time for a combi to get hot, it is just a wasteful process with little advantage.

I sometimes boil a kettle and pour it in the dispenser, but it gunges up much less with liquid detergents.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

But that won't do anything to the dispensers.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

It did on our Hoover washing machine. We'd only got it that day, ran it on the hottest wash before using it in anger. Not only did something go wrong, but it also proved that there was no safety cut-out, as it boiled the water and the escaping steam softened and deformed the detergent tray! The machine was promptly returned and a refund demanded so that we could buy another make.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker